Dashboards & Reporting

lisat2m
Top Contributor

Understanding Deals Closed vs. Goa

SOLVE

I don't understand how the deals closed is working...I understand the goal is quota, but the deals closed should be the deals that closed in that month. It appears that it's projecting that same amount out into future months as I have an orange deals closed line mapped out to March and it's a straight line from January. So, it's consistently projecting we will have the same amount of deals close each month? Doesn't make sense?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @lisat2m,

Deals closed is based on deals that are moved to closed won and their close date. If you are looking at This Month view, it should only show for this month. Your quota is set based on a monthly bases, so there are really no projections happening per se. If you are predicting different sales volumes each month, you would need to change the quota amount.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/dashboard/what-is-the-quota-bar-in-the-deal-forec...

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @lisat2m,

Deals closed is based on deals that are moved to closed won and their close date. If you are looking at This Month view, it should only show for this month. Your quota is set based on a monthly bases, so there are really no projections happening per se. If you are predicting different sales volumes each month, you would need to change the quota amount.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/dashboard/what-is-the-quota-bar-in-the-deal-forec...

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I have all quota set at 0 and we have deals closed won in February, but this is what my total closed amount looks like. I think it should show February for the amount we have closed even if my quota line remains stagnant at 0; the deals closed line should constantly change and be different for every month. 

ictScreen Shot 2017-02-22 at 9.37.13 AM.png 

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

@lisat2m,

You are correct. If your quota is set to $0, your closed deals should change, as seen in my screenshot (I changed the quota to 0, but still have closed deals in February).

What are you seeing in the chart above this one at the top of the page? Do you show closed deals in your pipeline forecast?

Closed-Deals.PNG

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes
Al

SOLVE

Hi,

I've been trying to change the quota that appears in the Deals closed vs goal report and i can't find where to do that. Could someone help me?

0 Upvotes
lisat2m
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Right that's exactly what I expected to see - yes in my Dashboard Deal Forecast I show the correct amount of Deals Closed Won - just not reflecting on this graph and not sure how to fix or why this is incorrect. As it is, it makes absolutely no sense. As your picture depicts your last closed deal was about 2/16/17 and the line since then is the same amount because you have not closed additional deals to move the line graph to a higher cumulative closed total, correct? As you can see, mine hasn't moved. Also, why do you actually have dates on your axis and mine just shows the month; i.e., Jan Feb Mar...instead of actual date the deal closed. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

@lisat2m, it appears that your dashboard is set to view "This Quarter" not "This Month".

Josh Curcio

0 Upvotes