Sales Integrations

AFox2
Participant

ooking for a quote/proposal tool that can pull all associated contacts and companies

SOLVE

Hi

As the title really. I'm looking to pull all associated companies and contacts into a quote/proposal? The first half dozen I tried only pull the primary.

Got to work with/allow mapping custom fields.

I assume if this works on an integrated tool, it'll work by association label but that's not a dealbreaker.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

ooking for a quote/proposal tool that can pull all associated contacts and companies

SOLVE

Hi @AFox2 and Mia,

Adding multiple companies to a single HubSpot deal is still only a fairly recent feature, and as such - no proposal integrations can natively handle that yet.

Plus, most proposals are aligned to companies via the contacts/signatories on the contract. So what you describe today in needing multiple companies pulled through, is currently dealt with by allocating contacts on the deal, to roles in the document. 

If three contacts are assigned to the document roles, each from a different company, then the company name on each contact is typically used as merge fields where Company Name is required. Also, all custom fields on each contact can also be used.

In corner cases where properties from a range of HubSpot Objects must be pulled into an agreement, we typically use an integration platform such as Zapier or Make, to Extract, Transform and Load each value into its respective place in the document and also attach that document to every relevant object in HubSpot.

Can you give a bit more context as a use case, for how you apply companies in a document rather than the use of multiple recipient contacts/roles along with their company properties?

cheers

Pete

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AFox2,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! Can you tell us which integrations you've already tested? Are there any other requirements for the quotes?  You can check out this Community article where other users have shared their experiences with quoting integrations. 

Have you also tried working with customized quotes in HubSpot? You can read more about this tool in this article.

I also wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any recommendations straight off the bat:

hi @HubDoPete@himanshurauthan@Ignazio, do you have any advice for @AFox2? Thank you! 

Cheers
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Ignazio
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MiaSrebrnjak@HubDoPete is completely right.

There's another solution, a bit complicated but it could work.

If you have Operation Hub Pro and you use an external quote tool with workflow actions built in, you could activate an HubSpot workflow every time a quote is created via this external tool and update the generated quote via API/custom code workflow action. This way, you could push data from an HubSpot deal to the correspondent created quote in the external tool.

Of course, this solution will require a dev and a deep knowledge of the external tool too.

Cheers,

i

Ignazio Morici
Marketing Manager @power2Cloud | HubSpot Certified Trainer | Co-host @EMEA HubSpot Certified Trainers Subgroup

Did my post help you? Marking it as a solution.

HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFox2 and Mia,

Adding multiple companies to a single HubSpot deal is still only a fairly recent feature, and as such - no proposal integrations can natively handle that yet.

Plus, most proposals are aligned to companies via the contacts/signatories on the contract. So what you describe today in needing multiple companies pulled through, is currently dealt with by allocating contacts on the deal, to roles in the document. 

If three contacts are assigned to the document roles, each from a different company, then the company name on each contact is typically used as merge fields where Company Name is required. Also, all custom fields on each contact can also be used.

In corner cases where properties from a range of HubSpot Objects must be pulled into an agreement, we typically use an integration platform such as Zapier or Make, to Extract, Transform and Load each value into its respective place in the document and also attach that document to every relevant object in HubSpot.

Can you give a bit more context as a use case, for how you apply companies in a document rather than the use of multiple recipient contacts/roles along with their company properties?

cheers

Pete

AFox2
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks All

@MiaSrebrnjak Prosify, Better Propsal, Pandadocs, some other that names escape me right now.  No other requirments really beyond what you see as pretty standard in these integrations. I'm afraid neither myself nor the devs I spoke to could make much progress with the custom templates.

@HubDoPete I hadn't thought of doing it the way you're suggesting. The use case is about appliance finance agreements, so we might want to have a customer and a supplier on the same document.

If I use a quoting tool that allows for roles, I could assign assocaited contacts to roles, I could pull in seperate information. I'd just need some custom fields to avoid any conflicts, right?

HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFox2 

Yes we've faced that situation a few times. What we normally do there (e.g. using PandaDoc) is to have a role for the customer and a role for the supplier.

Use the Supplier Contact person's Company Name, to complete the supplier company name in the doc.  Beware only a limited set of Roles properties come across to the PandaDoc document, so if you need more than First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone and Company Name, add extra properties to the deal (populate using workflows) and reference them as deal.variables in the document.

cheers

Pete

AFox2
Participant

SOLVE

Hi

I've been implementing this today and come across a secondary issue. 

So I do need extra properties, so i set them as custom fields (so Supplier.address and client.address for example, but I'm not seeing how to make sure the right contact's data gets into the right custom field?

0 Upvotes
HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AFox2 

If these items like Supplier.Address and Client.Address are "material" to a deal, I recommend creating custom Deal properties, copy the necessary data from contacts or companies into those fields on the deal. Then use those deal properties in any documents.

In PandaDoc, if you want the recipient to be allowed to edit those details, use the merge field to prepopulate the Pandadoc fields, allowing the recipient to edit what is pre-filled.

Will that suit?

cheers

Pete

0 Upvotes
AFox2
Participant

SOLVE

Sorry.

So I have Contact A and Contact B.

On the deal, I have

1. ContactA.PropertyX
  2. ContactA.PropertyY
  3. ContactB.PropertyX
  4. ContactB.PropertyY

How can I get the workflow to copy all contact A properties to all contact A properties on the deal and the same for contact B rather than overwriting them all or mixing up contact A and Contact B so I end up with 

1. ContactA.PropertyX with Conact A value
  2. ContactA.PropertyY with Conact B value
  3. ContactB.PropertyX with Conact B value
  4. ContactB.PropertyY with Conact A value

Many thanks,

Adam

0 Upvotes
HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi Adam,

Are you using Association Labels, so that each contact on the deal has a context for their relationship,to the deal?

That would allow Workflows to copy from the relevant contact.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-and-use-association-labels

cheers 

Pete