downloading reports in view using code

SOLVE
Highlighted
New Contributor

hubspot view.png

I am able to download this report which is shown in the image by clicking on "Table actions" and then "Export view". I want to download the same report using some code in a csv or excel format because I need to perform some operations to that data and I want to refresh my data on a daily/weekly basis. So, I cannot go to hubspot link again and again and download the report manually. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Top Contributor

Hello. Below is the process I would take to achieve what you are trying to do.

1. open up your existing .csv file in a code editor and take note of the formatting with commas.

2. Next use the HubSpot contacts API to pull your contacts with the properties you need https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts

3. format that output to match the csv template you exported in step 1

Additional resources if you are new the using the API

Jacob Lett

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer & Web Designer

bootstrapcreative-horizontal-trim.png

Located in Michigan, USA

Need a custom HubSpot theme or template? 

Jacob Lett
Marketing Consultant
Strategic marketing consultant and skilled web designer specializing in the manufacturing industry to increase revenue through driving website leads and brand awareness.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @1604devesh ,

Could you clarify what do you mean by saing "download the same report using some code in a csv or excel format"?

Here is a general guidance on how to export contact records: [Export contacts, companies, deals or tickets]

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @natsumimori 

As mentioned in the link provided by you, I can download report by visiting the hubspot website but I want to download the exact same report without visiting the hubspot website. I want to use some kind of pyhton code for doing that or any other programming language would also work. Thanks

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for the clarification @1604devesh .

@Kevin-C and @BootstrapC , do you know if this is possible??

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Solution
Top Contributor

Hello. Below is the process I would take to achieve what you are trying to do.

1. open up your existing .csv file in a code editor and take note of the formatting with commas.

2. Next use the HubSpot contacts API to pull your contacts with the properties you need https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/contacts

3. format that output to match the csv template you exported in step 1

Additional resources if you are new the using the API

Jacob Lett

Freelance HubSpot CMS Developer & Web Designer

bootstrapcreative-horizontal-trim.png

Located in Michigan, USA

Need a custom HubSpot theme or template? 

Jacob Lett
Marketing Consultant
Strategic marketing consultant and skilled web designer specializing in the manufacturing industry to increase revenue through driving website leads and brand awareness.

View solution in original post