Sales Integrations

isacab
Participant

Zoominfo SalesOS integration - Industry mapping heads up

Hi y'all, just wanted to share a useful tip regarding property mapping when importing company data from Zoominfo.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out the best way to streamline the Industry property in our CRM to make filtering companies/contacts for campaigns easier, and looking through the mapping settings on Zoominfo I figured out you can set your Industry mapping preference to match Hubspot's Industries:

Image Pasted at 2023-5-29 11-27.png

[Edit: well, I'd written a full explainer on how to do this with screenshots and all, but for some reason it was lost when I clicked Submit. Bummer. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll rewrite it, but for now, that's all]

11 Replies 11
ashleymaier
Participant

Hi there, could you please provide me with the screenshots or CSV file? Thank you! 

Maieraf@gmail.com is my email if needed! I appreciate your work on this because it's been a nightmare for me until I googled and found this page. 

0 Upvotes
JHall13
Participant

It is actually a lot easier to use the csv upload version.  If you want the file reach out to me.

JWight

Please can you kindly share the file? Many thanks 🙂

0 Upvotes
GTucker
Participant

Here's our configuration screen if that helps any

ZoomInfo-AdminPortal.png

0 Upvotes
isacab
Participant

Absolutely! I actually figured that out a couple of days after posting this, hehe.

Also, ZoomInfo now has a default mapping from ZoomInfo industries to Hubspot industries, so unless there's a discrepancy on any particular industry you target, you won't need to make changes to the preset. If I'm not mistaken this went live on July 14th. 

CSilva4ISO

How do you upload the ZoomInfo industry mapping template into HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
GTucker
Participant

We are having a problem on this point. There was a company that ZI said was "Department Stores" which my client does not target so it's not in their HubSpot. That broke the entire enrichment job. Their support guy said we have to map ZI to HubSpot to get it working right. I shared the ZI template with my client and they find the industries shown way too limited versus what HubSpot offers.

Has anyone else run into this?

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JHall13 😊

Thanks for your contribution.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
ABirbrayer

May I please have the csv file?

0 Upvotes
JHall13
Participant

There doesnt seem to be a message link.  Please provide an email.  tx

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Thanks for sharing this @isacab , this is really helpful!

I'm sorry your post wasn't fully published, I hate when that happens - it's pretty rare, but sometimes has to do with how long your post takes to write. I found that copying my longer posts before clicking submit or reply helps if it does get lost, then I can edit and paste what's missing... 🤷🏼‍♀️

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin