Sales Integrations

RPearson3
Participant

Zapier is retrieving Deal Pipeline as "default"

SOLVE

Hi there!

I'm using Zapier to integrate Stripe and Hubspot to automate deal values in a pipeline that we use to manage existing subscriptions.

9/10 times it works as expected but occasionally during the "Find Deal in Hubspot" stage it is retrieving the Pipeline as "default" rather than the nominal code that it retrieves for the rest.

Any advice on how to stop this or a workaround - I'm going to look at maybe filtering by deal stage instead although I'm not keen on that as we have many and it will take a long time if the stages change I'll have to update the Zap more.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RPearson 

When automation works 9/10 I look for what is different about the 1/10 where it fails.

If there's nothing deterministic about the 1/10 that is failing, it sounds more like a bug and may warrant opening a HubSpot Support ticket to check their Zap Action code (we had a similar issue recently with Zap actions for HubSpot tickets)

In the meantime, see if you can mitigate the error. For example, if your "find HubSpot Deal" zap action does not initially have the Deal ID, but discovers it in the first find, run a second or alternate find action on deal ID to see if you can reliably get the true Deal Pipeline ID.

If possible, share here some more details about how you are triggering your zap and what criteria are you giving as input to the Find Deal zap action.

I hope that helps.

cheers

Pete

View solution in original post

MandyDROS
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RPearson3 !

Would you mind sharing a Loom of the error or inviting me to be a user in your Zapier account? 

My email is mandy@digitalreachopm.com

Echoing the comment above, it could be a number of errors and I have seen just running through each step of the Zap a fresh time and plotting new variables to help fix a bug like this.  

I love a Zapier challenge so I am happy to poke around and see if I can figure out the issue!  I have a number of Zapier experts on my team as well that would love to tackle the issue! 

Cheers,

Mandy

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Nola

SOLVE

@RPearson3 Not sure if this is resolved. The reason Zapier is retrieving Deal Pipeline as "default" is because the "internal ID" hubspot assigns to the original pipeline is "default".

What this means is if you do not specify the deal stage (each deal stage has its own internal ID) and only automate the Zap to "find deal" then this error will occur from time to time if the zap is unable to associate the deal with a deal stage.

0 Upvotes
MandyDROS
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @RPearson3 !

Would you mind sharing a Loom of the error or inviting me to be a user in your Zapier account? 

My email is mandy@digitalreachopm.com

Echoing the comment above, it could be a number of errors and I have seen just running through each step of the Zap a fresh time and plotting new variables to help fix a bug like this.  

I love a Zapier challenge so I am happy to poke around and see if I can figure out the issue!  I have a number of Zapier experts on my team as well that would love to tackle the issue! 

Cheers,

Mandy

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

RPearson3
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Mandy,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I'm not sure I can invite you in as there is client data etc. in there but would happily show you on a Zoom call if that would work for you?

Otherwise, I do have a workaround I can implement so I think I will just have to go with that, was just wondering if there was a simpler fix 🙂

Best regards,

Ron

0 Upvotes
HubDoPete
Solution
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RPearson 

When automation works 9/10 I look for what is different about the 1/10 where it fails.

If there's nothing deterministic about the 1/10 that is failing, it sounds more like a bug and may warrant opening a HubSpot Support ticket to check their Zap Action code (we had a similar issue recently with Zap actions for HubSpot tickets)

In the meantime, see if you can mitigate the error. For example, if your "find HubSpot Deal" zap action does not initially have the Deal ID, but discovers it in the first find, run a second or alternate find action on deal ID to see if you can reliably get the true Deal Pipeline ID.

If possible, share here some more details about how you are triggering your zap and what criteria are you giving as input to the Find Deal zap action.

I hope that helps.

cheers

Pete

RPearson3
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help - I've tried getting a common theme between the ones that are failing but no luck so far, it's happening across 2 different pipelines which is extra weird as well.

The zaps are getting triggered by new charges in either Stripe or Chargebee, finding deals against the billing email address and then filtering by pipeline to make sure that it is updating the correct deal. We have manually entered Billing email into the deals as a new property called "Owner Email Address" so that Zapier can find the right one.

Like you say, I will raise a ticket but I think I have got a good work around by using the deal stages instead 🙂

Thanks again!

Ron

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @RPearson3 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts on this - @MandyDROS @GeorgeBThomas @HubDoPete do you have any thought for @RPearson3 on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes