Wordpress Plugin Reduces Site Performance

dawngribble
Contributor

I've had to uninstall the Hubspot Wordpress Plug-in from my website as it was responsible for a 20% reduction in performance. 

The forms work, but now I no longer have access to the Cookies notification and Live Chat options. Please see the performance reports here Website Performance

66 Replies 66
allieccollins
Contributor

With respect Mia, we aren't looking for subject matter expertise. We're asking Hubspot to fix this crippling flaw in its product. 

Andrew-CI
Participant

While I agree wholeheartedly with @allieccollins, it would be helpful to get some technical suggestions from an expert (given a fix isn't coming any time soon, if ever.)

I have a web developer ready to help improve our site performance with Hubspot, but we have nowhere to turn for best practices and workarounds.

The best we have so far is:

- Strip away all 3rd party tracking scripts (Google Adwords, LinkedIn, etc) and rely entirely on Hubspot.

- Do the same with our 3rd party cookie banner - we're loading all that HS code regardless, we might as well use it.

- Replace all our Hubspot forms with old-fashioned HTML. We'll lose all the HS form functionality we're paying for, but at least it'll load in a reasonable time.

EDIT: it turned out this isn't a viable solution. Hubspot still requires 3rd party tracking pixels for all PPC platforms for audience generation, which also means we can't use the Hubspot privacy banner. Back to the drawing board.

0 Upvotes
RNair9

Hello HubSpot Team,

Is there any update on this thread? My site has become very slow after installing WordPress HUbspot CRM plugin.
Please update

i3Dnet

Since we have disabled the Hubspot WordPress plugin, we do not see huge improvements on Web Vital scores, but page load times have improved significantly.

- Document complete went from 6.5 to 3.3
- Largest contentful paint went from 5.0 to 3.8

Additionally, we see a huge decrease in the amount of render-blocking resources.
Although there is still work to be done, disabling the Hubspot plugin and use alternative ways to implement tracking, is well worth the effort.

0 Upvotes
Andrew-CI
Participant

Out of interest, when you say you implemented tracking in a different way, do you mean you installed the tracking code directly (or via a tag manager) rather than via the Wordpress plugin? Or that you removed the tracking code entirely and replicated some of its functionality with the Hubspot API?

We have the tracking code installed via Google Tag Manager and are still getting Hubspot-related core web vital errors. I'm working with HS support to find some options, but none seem to be especially viable.

0 Upvotes
i3Dnet

We uninstalled the HS plugin and used Google Tag Manager to implement the tracking.
It did not result in improving web core vital scores.

0 Upvotes
TMartikainen
Participant

We noticed the same problem and I am really hoping this will be solved. The current solution is bad. 

0 Upvotes