Sales Integrations

dawngribble
Contributor

Wordpress Plugin Reduces Site Performance

SOLVE

I've had to uninstall the Hubspot Wordpress Plug-in from my website as it was responsible for a 20% reduction in performance. 

The forms work, but now I no longer have access to the Cookies notification and Live Chat options. Please see the performance reports here Website Performance

1 Accepted solution
Sjardo
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

@MiaSrebrnjak got my attention that this is still an ongoing issue for many of you. I would love to try and help.

I run website with the HubSpot All-In-One Marketing - Forms, Popups, Live Chat and the Gravity Forms HubSpot Add-On plugin to connect HubSpot with a WordPress site. The site itself has visitors from allover the world and has an average LCP load of 1.8 s. The CRUX data: https://treo.sh/sitespeed/www.moso-bamboo.com

What are some key pointers that we did on the site:

• Have really good hosting (savvvii.com)
  • Optimize the website by 
    • Minimizing the weight of images
    • Lazyloading images
    • use as few as posible third-party domains
    • local host and preload fonts
    • Make sure the <head> is ordend in a reasonable way.
  • And importantly, educate the client how to keep it fast 😉

On the HubSpot part, keep the following in mind:

• if you use a pop-up anywhere, the script is loaded on every page (sadly)
  • If you use the HS chat - delay it for 7 seconds after a users gets on the page
  • Anything page-based or page-determaind setting is checked on every page, and if the conditions match, HS will load the rest. So try to do a little as possible.
  • HubSpot CTA's are slow. Try to avoid them and use tracking url's and parameters instead.

If you have detailed questions, give me an url to your site and i'll run a quickanalysis of what i see.

Best

View solution in original post

73 Replies 73
KVandh
Participant

SOLVE

Same here. We have been working hard to optimize our website speed and overall SEO performance. The Hubspot plugin on Wordpress completely killed our score. And that even WITHOUT any form or cta! Just incredible. We dropped 30 points in lighthouse mobile. The only solution is to remove this plugin. After doing that, our performance was 99 again. 

0 Upvotes
Sjardo
Solution

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

@MiaSrebrnjak got my attention that this is still an ongoing issue for many of you. I would love to try and help.

I run website with the HubSpot All-In-One Marketing - Forms, Popups, Live Chat and the Gravity Forms HubSpot Add-On plugin to connect HubSpot with a WordPress site. The site itself has visitors from allover the world and has an average LCP load of 1.8 s. The CRUX data: https://treo.sh/sitespeed/www.moso-bamboo.com

What are some key pointers that we did on the site:

• Have really good hosting (savvvii.com)
  • Optimize the website by 
    • Minimizing the weight of images
    • Lazyloading images
    • use as few as posible third-party domains
    • local host and preload fonts
    • Make sure the <head> is ordend in a reasonable way.
  • And importantly, educate the client how to keep it fast 😉

On the HubSpot part, keep the following in mind:

• if you use a pop-up anywhere, the script is loaded on every page (sadly)
  • If you use the HS chat - delay it for 7 seconds after a users gets on the page
  • Anything page-based or page-determaind setting is checked on every page, and if the conditions match, HS will load the rest. So try to do a little as possible.
  • HubSpot CTA's are slow. Try to avoid them and use tracking url's and parameters instead.

If you have detailed questions, give me an url to your site and i'll run a quickanalysis of what i see.

Best

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Sjardo , hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ADrake
Participant

SOLVE

Has there been *any* progress on this situation? I find it very frustrating. I've been doing every other task I can to try and counter-balance the HubSpot code slowing down my website. 

lisabuffo
Participant

SOLVE

Bump to this. We are a media company and content-driven membership site that's built an all in on inbound marketing, but the site speed issue makes all that strategy worthless. We are considering canceling or seriously downgrading Hubspot as this is a core flaw that doesn't seem to be remedied. Hubspot please address.

BBogus
Participant

SOLVE

I can't believe I'm sifting through a thread that is over 4 years in the making and Hubspot has not addressed this by fixing the problem. I literally am trying to get a new website loaded up with HS and because of the load times, will likely have to look for a different CRM because they haven't fixed it. We have so much money budgeted for Hubspot over the course of the following 2 years, and that will all be directed elsewhere now. I can't believe this is still an issue.

RagingBull
Participant

SOLVE
Yes, I’ve left some of the early comments on this thread. Ironically to this day (in fact today) Im migrating a website from one host to another to help with server response time. Every waterfall speed test I run on this site gets graded terribly due to HS scripts. I try to defer them with WP Rocket and other tools , but then sometimes they never load or you can’t click on them.

TMartikainen
Participant

SOLVE

We noticed the same problem and I am really hoping this will be solved. The current solution is bad. 

i3Dnet

SOLVE

Since we have disabled the Hubspot WordPress plugin, we do not see huge improvements on Web Vital scores, but page load times have improved significantly.

- Document complete went from 6.5 to 3.3
- Largest contentful paint went from 5.0 to 3.8

Additionally, we see a huge decrease in the amount of render-blocking resources.
Although there is still work to be done, disabling the Hubspot plugin and use alternative ways to implement tracking, is well worth the effort.

Andrew-CI
Contributor

SOLVE

Out of interest, when you say you implemented tracking in a different way, do you mean you installed the tracking code directly (or via a tag manager) rather than via the Wordpress plugin? Or that you removed the tracking code entirely and replicated some of its functionality with the Hubspot API?

We have the tracking code installed via Google Tag Manager and are still getting Hubspot-related core web vital errors. I'm working with HS support to find some options, but none seem to be especially viable.

0 Upvotes
i3Dnet

SOLVE

We uninstalled the HS plugin and used Google Tag Manager to implement the tracking.
It did not result in improving web core vital scores.

RNair9

SOLVE

Hello HubSpot Team,

Is there any update on this thread? My site has become very slow after installing WordPress HUbspot CRM plugin.
Please update

Andrew-CI
Contributor

SOLVE

While I agree wholeheartedly with @allieccollins, it would be helpful to get some technical suggestions from an expert (given a fix isn't coming any time soon, if ever.)

I have a web developer ready to help improve our site performance with Hubspot, but we have nowhere to turn for best practices and workarounds.

The best we have so far is:

- Strip away all 3rd party tracking scripts (Google Adwords, LinkedIn, etc) and rely entirely on Hubspot.

- Do the same with our 3rd party cookie banner - we're loading all that HS code regardless, we might as well use it.

- Replace all our Hubspot forms with old-fashioned HTML. We'll lose all the HS form functionality we're paying for, but at least it'll load in a reasonable time.

EDIT: it turned out this isn't a viable solution. Hubspot still requires 3rd party tracking pixels for all PPC platforms for audience generation, which also means we can't use the Hubspot privacy banner. Back to the drawing board.

CDav9
Participant

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

Any new advice on how to deal with Leadflows which is hurting quite a bit my LCP time when running Google Page Speed test.

Thanks in advance,

Clément

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hey @CDav9 , 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this topic. @trevordjones@ElyshaShave@RagingBull do you have any tips or best practices you could share? 

Thank you! 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

allieccollins
Contributor

SOLVE

With respect Mia, we aren't looking for subject matter expertise. We're asking Hubspot to fix this crippling flaw in its product. 

allieccollins
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there an update here? With Google's most recent core update this has become completely CRITICAL, as if it wasn't in the past. 

It's like your basically asking us to either use Hubspot OR rank in SEO. You're asking us to compromise on the biggest part of our business and it's unacceptable. 

Can we please get an update as it relates to Core Web Vitals? 

t333rbo
Participant

SOLVE

+1 for your post - this will be one of the possible reasons I end up cancelling my hubspot subscription. This is really dragging down my mobile score. 

wbrooseboom
Participant

SOLVE

Here's at least one Hubspot user that will soon migrate away for this very reason. 

JSwystun
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Hubspot,

Quite a disheartening thread. I imagine that if you haven't yet seen debilitating churn because of this, you soon will.

I've implemented Hubspot at our own organization and a number of our client's. Five years ago, Hubspot was revolutionary. Since then, what has Hubspot done? You've grown the tool to the point of feature bloat. You've bled into turning the tool into a jack of all trades (and master of none). You've raised prices and changed subscription structure (my bills recently nearly tripled in size with no warning).

Today I had the last straw. For the umpteenth time I've tried to optimize my site speed, and it is glariningly obvious that Hubspot is the largest speed suck on my site. And NO, it's not semantics - multiple lookups cause my waterfall to lag like molasses.

At the same time, your competitors intimately know and understand this, on top of all the other things about Hubspot that have increasingly caused me grief.

Looks like I'll be booking for that Active Campaign call ASAP (Sly outbound email campaign they're running directly targetting your users, BTW).

Ignore threads like these long enough, and watch your competitors come in and sweep the rug out from under your feet faster than you can say boo.

Five years ago I was a Hubspot evangelist, screaming your name from the hilltops. Fast forward a month from today, and I imagine we'll have our firm and our client firms fully migrated away from Hubspot, and will cease recommending and assisting with implementation entirely.

I DO mean to be drastic. You DO need to listen. Choose NOT to act, and watch your market share erode in swaths.

Despite what little we do hear from the Hubspot voices on this thread - the developers in the crowd can read right through the BS - this SHOULD be simple to fix, it SHOULD be fast, and there's NO GOOD REASON why you should deny it from your paying customers any longer.

My two cents,
John