Sales Integrations

dawngribble
投稿者

Wordpress Plugin Reduces Site Performance

解決

I've had to uninstall the Hubspot Wordpress Plug-in from my website as it was responsible for a 20% reduction in performance. 

The forms work, but now I no longer have access to the Cookies notification and Live Chat options. Please see the performance reports here Website Performance

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Sjardo
解決策
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner
トップ投稿者 | Elite Partner

解決

Hi everyone,

@MiaSrebrnjak got my attention that this is still an ongoing issue for many of you. I would love to try and help.

I run website with the HubSpot All-In-One Marketing - Forms, Popups, Live Chat and the Gravity Forms HubSpot Add-On plugin to connect HubSpot with a WordPress site. The site itself has visitors from allover the world and has an average LCP load of 1.8 s. The CRUX data: https://treo.sh/sitespeed/www.moso-bamboo.com

What are some key pointers that we did on the site:

• Have really good hosting (savvvii.com)
  • Optimize the website by 
    • Minimizing the weight of images
    • Lazyloading images
    • use as few as posible third-party domains
    • local host and preload fonts
    • Make sure the <head> is ordend in a reasonable way.
  • And importantly, educate the client how to keep it fast 😉

On the HubSpot part, keep the following in mind:

• if you use a pop-up anywhere, the script is loaded on every page (sadly)
  • If you use the HS chat - delay it for 7 seconds after a users gets on the page
  • Anything page-based or page-determaind setting is checked on every page, and if the conditions match, HS will load the rest. So try to do a little as possible.
  • HubSpot CTA's are slow. Try to avoid them and use tracking url's and parameters instead.

If you have detailed questions, give me an url to your site and i'll run a quickanalysis of what i see.

Best

元の投稿で解決策を見る

73件の返信
Andrew-CI
投稿者

解決

I agree!

We've recently spent a lot of time working on our site load speed and overall performance. The only way to get speeds to a remotely acceptable level (for users and search engines) was to load Hubspot asynchronously, and set forms to load right at the end of the process. Even that couldn't get our mobile speeds above 50(!) in Lighthouse. There's so much bloat in the Hubspot code - especially around leadflows.js.

Google has applied a mobile-first crawling policy for years, and recent updates have focused on user experience and site performance, we're finding Hubspot's failure to resolve this problem is causing real issues for our SEO.

It seems the only fix is to rip Hubspot out of our site. Which I really really don't want to do... but, like you, I've heard plenty from other automation providers recently. 

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello, @Andrew-CI thank you for your feedback,  I would like to apologize for the frustrations, data issues, and business impact this has caused.  Have you connected with our technical support about this matter? I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screen share if necessary. This way they can check your case specifically with more information you will be able to provide. 

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 いいね!
JSwystun
参加者

解決

Hi Pam! You may want to take a look at the rest of the thread.

This isn't a support issue. The Hubspot Wordpress plugin has been slowing down our websites for years, and Hubspot has done nothing to address the issue. This is a product issue.

Unless you're team actually confronts this issue - it seems like a tidal wave of departing Wordpress users may be upon you.

J

I finally pulled the plugin out of my site for the first time in three years - lo and behold my GTMetrix scores jumped from 45% to 100%!

What Andrew is describing is that he took extra efforts to attempt to optimize loading, which shouldn't be necessary in the first place. He deployed a workaround, 

dianna
投稿者

解決

Any updates??

PBennett9
メンバー

解決

We just tried to launch a new Wordpress site using the Hubspot plugin and ran into this issue, which is a game stopper for us. Since Hubspot hasn't fixed the issue what alternatives are folks switching to that doesn't slow down the site so horribly?

0 いいね!
DPetrohilos
参加者

解決

Has this been fixed yet? A client refused to use any other CMS, but also want to make sure my code is sound and seems sad if this was never really taken care of. 

RagingBull
参加者

解決
I ended up working with an IT guy who ultimately helped me configure WP rocket and stack path CDN to resolve the issues.

He provided a lot of feedback to HubSpot but I don’t know where that ever landed.

Sammy (THE BULL) Koza | Digital Marketer
Info@ragingbulldigital.com | 651.343.2080

RAGING BULL DIGITAL
Website | SEO | Marketing
www.ragingbull.digital
ReneeB
参加者

解決

I am trying to work around as much of the HS plug in as possible so that I can delete it and keep HS - I can move the analytics into Google Tag Manager; I can ditch using pop-ups and use the HS form embed code in my own popup modal in my Wordpress theme, but I still have Chat to contend with.  I am a paying customer and want to use chat on my site - but this plug in slowed our page speed on a new site we are creating.  My workaround for loading chat by delaying until 7 seconds doesn't seem to be helping because the plug in loads everything up front.  So we are thinking of creating a fake chat trigger that will force chat to load only when someone enacts the trigger.  @PamCotton if this will work and allow me to ditch the plug in and still use HubSpot for all of these features please confirm and point me to some documentation of best practices.  I need to decide on my contract for 2021 quickly and I am having a hard time justifying a contract of $25k for software that slows down our site.

0 いいね!
PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello, We recently updated the "Time on page in seconds" trigger. Delaying the chat widget load by at least 5 seconds should optimize for a faster initial page load for those using the chat.

Kindly,

Pam

Andrew-CI
投稿者

解決

Does this also approach also work for pop-up forms?

If I switch pop-up forms to appear after a set number of seconds, rather than a % page scroll, will it improve page load times?

0 いいね!
ReneeB
参加者

解決

Thank you. But if you read my question - that is still causing the plug in to load everything in the largest conentful paint.  My question above is not about delaying - after digging on my own I found that new suggestion in the help text behind the question mark on the chat option. I set it to 7 not 5 to try to solve.  After that didn't fix, I added a 25% page scroll as well.  I dug onto other workarounds that other people have done and found the proposal to create a Javascript trigger for someone to click on something to activate the chat load instead.  My question is if I do that, and use GTM for analytics and use the embed code only for all forms can I eliminate the plug in completely and still maintain full HS functionality on a WordPress site. Also, I understand why you gave your earlier answers that your are trying to solve for users not bots. But they are my users that I am solving for.  As my software provider I need you to solve for the problems I am encountering in using your product.   It's the bots that control our SEO.  If Google says our page doesn't meet their score, then they throttle our appearance in search results. While this might have been an annoyance in the past, it is now critical.  Solving for Google Chrome as judged by Google is the threshold that I expect my marketing software to be solving for.  

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @ReneeB ,

I talked with our team and they recommended connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription, you will be able to provide additional detail to our support team including the URL you are testing and past/present scores.

Kindly,

Pam

seidenfaden
参加者

解決

Indeed this is a serious issue. Please keep us posted.

0 いいね!
danpilat
参加者

解決

We're having huge issues with this as well. 

cruisegear
メンバー

解決

I just wanted to share what we are doing with the live chat while testing HubSpot.  We're not yet a paying customer - likely won't be until the speed issue is addressed.  It's the only thing holding us back to be honest.  

What we've done as a work around - is put the chat exclusively on a few pages not throughout the whole site.  So we have a FAQ page, CONTACT page and a button that says "live chat" - but takes you to a page where the chat is active. 

It has helped - but the rest of the integration is still slowing our site down.  We were near perfect (high 90 percent area) for speed - and are down to 80+/- percent pagespeed using hubspot 😞   

Love hubspot and what the potential is - but it's really a deal killer at this point (site speed using the integrations )

Hopefully our workaround will help someone in the meantime.

-Phillip

wbrooseboom
参加者

解決

Hello Cruisegear, 

Could you maybe explain how you were able to add the chat (tracking code) to an individual page. I can only find how to add it to the footer (i.e. teh whole site), throught the theme editor in Wordpress. 

Cheers, 

Boudewijn

0 いいね!
philipcron
参加者

解決

Our website went from a 99+/- desktop score and 76+/- mobile score to a 54=/- desktop and 22=/- mobile score after integrating with Hubspot. This is simply put unacceptable! This needs to be fixed ASAP. I read through this thread and have seen that this has been ongoing for over 1 year. I really hope they take this seriously and fix this issue.

JonasHopp
参加者

解決

I'm facing similar issues as this thread is stating.

What's the status on the HubSpot's side?

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @JonasHopp,

I connected with our team, and currently, there are no updates yet about this case.

My recommendation would be to continue leaving our feedback here so our product team is aware of our customer's needs.

Thank you,

Pam

philipcron
参加者

解決

Hi @PamCotton,

What exactly do we need to do before the HubSpot development team hears us and actually invests time and effort to fix this issue?

It really seems like we are at the bottom of the totem pole. This is extremely frustrating! I know you are well aware that Google now ranks us based on our page speed and other metrics that your plugin literally drains from our websites.

Is there someone I can call or email directly to discuss this urgent matter?

Thanks!

PamCotton
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hello @philipcron,

I was able to talk more with our team and It is important to remember that performance recommendations surfaced in external tools are typically formulated by bots and automated measures to evaluate a site and assign a score or grade.

With that in mind, these scores don’t always replicate the actual visitor’s experience of the page load. 

In the case of chat, the widget is designed to not load until the site is fully loaded. That means it won’t impact the speed of the site loading, only the overall time of page load. From the visitor’s perspective, the website is loaded and interactable before the widget loads since these are asynchronous actions.

Tests like Google PSI measure based on total time to load, instead, so they are tracking something different than what the visitor really experiences on the page. 

All that said, we absolutely understand users tracking that number and hoping to see improvement.  On our end, we need to balance whether we are solving for the page visitor or solving for the test since the two are not always aligned.

We are always investigating ways to improve these numbers and it is on our radar to do further investigation here.

Once I have more information I will continue to update this thread.

Kindly,

Pam