Wordpress Plugin Reduces Site Performance

Occasional Contributor

I've had to uninstall the Hubspot Wordpress Plug-in from my website as it was responsible for a 20% reduction in performance. 

The forms work, but now I no longer have access to the Cookies notification and Live Chat options. Please see the performance reports here Website Performance

44 Replies 44
New Contributor
@PamCotton - That is true, and thats the reason I have not ditched hubspot. But - the thing is, A LOT of people will just see the page speed score (or similar), without noticing that it really seems worse than it really is, and that makes it a very real problem.
New Contributor
+1
I hv ditched HS plugin due to its bulky and dragging.
But I don't blame them, as I am using it for free. Similar story happens to Facebook embedded js and Wordpress' famous Jetpack.

I like hubspot as a CRM, hereby below my way of walking around:

I use Contact Form 7 instead of Hubspot form. Then I use API like zappier to sync CF7 - Google Sheet - Hutspot.

I use Popup Maker to create pop up.

I only deploy Hubspot chat on some critical pages.

Forget about the HS analytics, u will find other alternaive.

The key is: DON'T INSERT THE HS CODE ON EVERY PAGES unless necessary.
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, as this issue has still not been resolved (and doesn't look like it will be any time soon) I will be cancelling my Hubspot accounts and user services that don't knacker my website.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hello @dawngribble,

I would like to apologize for the frustrations, data issues, and business impact this has caused. Also wanted to mention that as much as I am advocating this in my end, our team is currently working on this, and we will be updating this thread as more information comes along.

If you would like to discuss more about your cancelation, your account manager would be able to assist you further with your request. 

Kindly,

Pam

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!

New Contributor

Thank you for working on this Pam. I to have the same issues. Page loads are terrible on one of my client sites. Uninstall Hubspot - all fixed. Please keep us posted. 

0 Upvotes
Until now there is still no concrete timeline on resolving the chatbot issue. Frustrated. It also causing our website image loading twice. I regret recommending HubSpot to our internal team, our clients and our clients as this significant issue hampered the efforts from our development team on optimising the website speed and our clients really think that we are not professional on the web technology.
Regular Contributor

Hi @PamCotton,

Thanks for the updates, while we don't use Wordpress plugins (we use Hubspot CMS).. we also get similiar issues with the analytics code. This is interesting topic. Looking forward to hearing some updates. 

New Contributor

Hello Cruisegear, 

Could you maybe explain how you were able to add the chat (tracking code) to an individual page. I can only find how to add it to the footer (i.e. teh whole site), throught the theme editor in Wordpress. 

Cheers, 

Boudewijn

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Indeed this is a serious issue. Please keep us posted.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

We're having huge issues with this as well. 

Occasional Contributor

I am trying to work around as much of the HS plug in as possible so that I can delete it and keep HS - I can move the analytics into Google Tag Manager; I can ditch using pop-ups and use the HS form embed code in my own popup modal in my Wordpress theme, but I still have Chat to contend with.  I am a paying customer and want to use chat on my site - but this plug in slowed our page speed on a new site we are creating.  My workaround for loading chat by delaying until 7 seconds doesn't seem to be helping because the plug in loads everything up front.  So we are thinking of creating a fake chat trigger that will force chat to load only when someone enacts the trigger.  @PamCotton if this will work and allow me to ditch the plug in and still use HubSpot for all of these features please confirm and point me to some documentation of best practices.  I need to decide on my contract for 2021 quickly and I am having a hard time justifying a contract of $25k for software that slows down our site.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hello, We recently updated the "Time on page in seconds" trigger. Delaying the chat widget load by at least 5 seconds should optimize for a faster initial page load for those using the chat.

Kindly,

Pam

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you. But if you read my question - that is still causing the plug in to load everything in the largest conentful paint.  My question above is not about delaying - after digging on my own I found that new suggestion in the help text behind the question mark on the chat option. I set it to 7 not 5 to try to solve.  After that didn't fix, I added a 25% page scroll as well.  I dug onto other workarounds that other people have done and found the proposal to create a Javascript trigger for someone to click on something to activate the chat load instead.  My question is if I do that, and use GTM for analytics and use the embed code only for all forms can I eliminate the plug in completely and still maintain full HS functionality on a WordPress site. Also, I understand why you gave your earlier answers that your are trying to solve for users not bots. But they are my users that I am solving for.  As my software provider I need you to solve for the problems I am encountering in using your product.   It's the bots that control our SEO.  If Google says our page doesn't meet their score, then they throttle our appearance in search results. While this might have been an annoyance in the past, it is now critical.  Solving for Google Chrome as judged by Google is the threshold that I expect my marketing software to be solving for.  

Community Manager

Hello @ReneeB ,

I talked with our team and they recommended connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription, you will be able to provide additional detail to our support team including the URL you are testing and past/present scores.

Kindly,

Pam