Sales Integrations

rtooes
Membro

WooCommerce Abandoned Basket Integration Issue

resolver

Hi everyone!

We have two WooCommerce websites, both with the wordpress plugin installed to pull in data into Hubspot. The integrations are working well and we can see contacts coming from purchases on both sites are separated by the "source store" field, which is fantastic.

However any that come in as an abandoned cart contact don't have a source store assigned, so if we were to want to send abandoned cart emails to them, we wouldn't know what branding and email address to send them from. Is this a bug, or something we've missed in the integration?

1 Solução aceita
impulsekring
Solução
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

resolver

Idea 1: Does the integration push through the items in their abandoned cart? If so, are the items are different based on the website, could you filter based on that?

Idea 2: Are the leads coming in cookied with analytics? If so, perhaps you can base it on their "last page seen" and which page it was on. (If your purchase page is on a non-brand-specific domain/URL and would overwrite "last page seen", you could use a page view filter instead to look at recent activity to at least get an educated guess)

impulsekring_0-1636556967379.png

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
danmoyle
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite
Participante de valor | Parceiro Elite

resolver

@rtooes I found another possibility from my colleague @Kevin-C :

Would it be possible to place hidden form fields on the domains to separate on any form submission? Like a hidden select field that could be updated via javascript on page load.

Some psudeo code to explain to a dev:

if (document.location == domain_1) {
$('input[name=custom_source_val]').val('domain_1');
} else if (document.location == domain_2) {
$('input[name=custom_source_val]').val('domain_2');
}

The caveat here would be if the contact is created before the purchase or after the purchase.

//

Could be another idea. Thanks! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
impulsekring
Solução

resolver

Idea 1: Does the integration push through the items in their abandoned cart? If so, are the items are different based on the website, could you filter based on that?

Idea 2: Are the leads coming in cookied with analytics? If so, perhaps you can base it on their "last page seen" and which page it was on. (If your purchase page is on a non-brand-specific domain/URL and would overwrite "last page seen", you could use a page view filter instead to look at recent activity to at least get an educated guess)

impulsekring_0-1636556967379.png

rtooes
Membro

resolver

Hi, thank you for the quick reply and useful ideas. Idea one doesn't apply, because we sell the same products on both sites. However idea two will allow us to at least see where they're from, but I think overall we'll just continue to send abandoned basket emails straight from our eCommerce. Thank you though.

0 Avaliação positiva