Sales Integrations

arnrist

Where to find connected issues from JIRA?

SOLVE

I've integrated JIRA Cloud throught the provided addon from Atlassian.

It finds customers and companies perfectly.

The issue I got is backtracking. In hubspot I am not able to find the linked issues to the customer or company that I've linked inside the JIRA issue..

Is this an issue/missing function that Hubspot don't got? Or am I just missing something?

1 Accepted solution
arnrist
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

I got CRM for JIRA installed on my JIRA (Software and Service Desk) application in cloud: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-crm-integration/cloud/overview

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/it-teams/crm-jira-cloud-close-customer-feedback-loop-sales-support-de...

In the issues in JIRA the CRM addon finds the appropiate contact in Hubspot and displays the information (as you can see on the blog-link above).

I really liked this feature, and thought it was more integrated with Hubspot - so I could display all JIRA issues linked on a contact or company by looking inside the Hubspot portal.

But it looks like the addon just got data from Hubspot by searching on the reporter, and do not perform any saved connection.

This post will now be more like a feature request - for Hubspot to cooperate with Atlassian for a better solution.

If no other answer is presented, I got my answer right here.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
edwin177
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all-

It looks like Atlassian is getting rid of the integration that connects JIRA issues to CRM contacts. I submited an idea to replace it:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Sales-Integrations/Associate-JIRA-issues-with-CRM-contacts-and-or-c...

0 Upvotes
Rolf
Contributor

SOLVE

This has been solved recently with the new Jira HubSpot integration by HubSpot themselves. Look it up in the app marketplace. It integrates Service Hub tickets with Jira issues.

There is a caveat: It requires Service Hub Professional or Enterprise.

Source: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/customer-success/help-desk/jira-205407

0 Upvotes
Shanta
Participant

SOLVE

I agree that there should be an ability to view all the related tickets at a company level.

My case is slightly different: I'd like to be able to view a Hubspot Support Ticket and view the related Jira Ticket without having to update it manually. This allows me to know which Jira tickets are related to which issues the client is experiencing. Right now, the Jira issues are related to the Contact, not the ticket. A contact can have multiple support tickets and therefore, multiple Jira tickets. How do I know which Jira issue is related to a given support ticket?

I have submitted the idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Linking-Jira-Issues-to-a-specific-Support-Ticket-in-h...

LennartKok
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all, 

I also find it quite dissapointing that the Jira issues which you connect in Jira Cloud to a HubSpot CRM account/contact is not synched on the account/company level. That's where I'd like to get a complete overview.

Rolf
Contributor

SOLVE

We are also looking for the Jira issues on a company level in HubSpot, rather than on contact level. It makes much more sense to have this information available in the company record.

Right now, if an account manager wants to know if his customer has open tickets, he needs to check every contact connected to this company. It is much easier to go to Jira and check it there, but that shouldn't be the purpose of the integration.

stevenschutter
Participant

SOLVE

We have the same request. The integration is great on contact level, however as we have multiple contacts at a single company on different topics, we are interested in getting an overal view on all issues related to all contacts of that company. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @arnrist, apologies but I don't quite understand how you are using HubSpot with these platforms. Could you clarify further?

0 Upvotes
arnrist
Solution

SOLVE

Hi,

I got CRM for JIRA installed on my JIRA (Software and Service Desk) application in cloud: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-crm-integration/cloud/overview

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/it-teams/crm-jira-cloud-close-customer-feedback-loop-sales-support-de...

In the issues in JIRA the CRM addon finds the appropiate contact in Hubspot and displays the information (as you can see on the blog-link above).

I really liked this feature, and thought it was more integrated with Hubspot - so I could display all JIRA issues linked on a contact or company by looking inside the Hubspot portal.

But it looks like the addon just got data from Hubspot by searching on the reporter, and do not perform any saved connection.

This post will now be more like a feature request - for Hubspot to cooperate with Atlassian for a better solution.

If no other answer is presented, I got my answer right here.

jmante
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I hear you about associating a Jira issue to Contact and Company in HS! Thanks so much for the feedback and I'm going to get an effort estimation from engineers since this absolutely makes sense.

Is there anything specifically you'd like to see on those HS records?

Again, thanks so much for the feedback. This is how product managers figure out what they should build next 😄

Jingo

0 Upvotes
helileppahaara

SOLVE

Hi,

How do you link JIRA isuues to companies? I can find a wa y how to see JIRA issues in contacts but I would like to see companys all JIRA issues created by some contact in the company.

Jrahn38
Participant

SOLVE

I agree with helileppahaara,  is there a way to see issues at the company level?  What they spoke about is exactly what we are looking for also.

hishamitani
Participant

SOLVE

I'm also facing the same issue as Jrahn38 and helileppahaara. Has there been any update on this issue?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello @arnrist could you please share a link to the integration? As far as I'm aware, though I'm not 100%, this is not an integration that HubSpot has built therefore we are unable to support/further develop on it. 

With more information I'll be able to confirm this and find the best point of contact for you.