Sales Integrations

jjpereira

What happens to previously included contacts when you change the sync criteria to exlcude them?

Does the inclusion list filter apply to only newly created contacts or does it govern the sync for all existing contacts?

Currently all new contacts are being synced to salesforce as leads, with 1-2 exlcusion filters to hold back specific groups. Going forward I only want to sync contacts from specific campaigns that engage with us and need to pass to sales, so I'll update the filters. After this, will updates to previously synced contacts still send to salesforce if they are no longer included in the new exlusion list after the changes? 

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
BukunmiOdetayo
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

What happens to previously included contacts when you change the sync criteria to exlcude them?

Hello @jjpereira 

Because of the nature of the changes that you want for this feature, active lists might not be the best option for you to use because they will still send you contacts that no longer meet your criteria after you update the filter.

What you may try is to use workflows. Create static lists with all the filters you need. Then use workflows to enrol the contacts you want to send to salesforce and add these contacts to specific static lists.

The if/else in the workflows can help you better decide how you want those to be, and they will only send you the contacts who have engaged with your specific campaigns.

Let me know if this helps.

Warmest regards,

Bukunmi

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.