Viewing existing clients trading history via the HubSpot Company record

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We are migrating away from SFDC to HubSpot. What I am trying to understand is how a sales rep would now be able to access and view an existing clients pas trading history. Our business is such that clients do now have contracts but book our services as and when they need them. So once they have an account set up then they book us and are then invoiced at the end of each month. Therefore we would not be creating 'deals' for each and every work order etc.

Hope this makes sense?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @CRJ. Sounds like you're describing Salesforce custom objects. If so, you won't have that option in the HubSpot schema, as you're only able to work with its standard objects. You'll have to represent things in terms of the contacts, companies, deals, and products available.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Bmampe.

I am sure that there must be some way, perhaps using an integration (not SFDC!) of presenting sales revenues accrued within a timeframe.  

I'd love to hear from other people who have this need or better overcome it.

BW

Chris

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

If you can represent trading history as Salesforce tasks, you'd be able to import them into HubSpot that way. I have no idea whether that's feasible, let alone sustainable going forward. That would be the simplest out-of-the-box solution, if possible.

The issue isn't with the data you've got in Salesforce, it's how to represent it in HubSpot. No matter which solution you use, you'll still need to shoehorn it into the only objects HubSpot provides. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi CRJ 

When a client has an "account" and "books your services" - this sounds like they get access to some sort of portal or eCommerce environment where they can make purchases/bookings?

If that is the case, and that is why you don't need to / want to create deals. We have used the eCommerce Bridge API, and for another client just the Deals and Contacts API's to automatically create deals in a pipeline based on bookings.

With all the deals automatically captured, you can then use the HubSpot reporting to see revenue, and build workflows to upsell, cross-sell, re-engage etc.

The other option is to use a CRM extension - and then right a small application that references your internal system to show past history per a contact/company. However this solution, won't help with overall reporting, you will be able to see trading history.

Reach out to me daryn.smith@mpull.com if you want to expore this further.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Daryn. I'll run this past our devs to get their opinion. Your help is much appreciated.

BW

Chris

0 Upvotes