Commerce Tools

JSchneider90
Contributor

Using HubSpot Payment Tool to Monetize Webinars

SOLVE

Hello,

We are excited to implement HubSpot payments tool into our system. We would like to use the payments tool for webinars. They will be $20 for non-members and free for current customers. A few questions before implementing the tool:

1) Are there any screen shots of how the payments tool is used in a workflow? For example, if we do an if/then branch of customers vs. non-customers who complete a webinar form (HubSpot), we are looking to bypass the payment tool for customers and show the payment tool for non-customers.
2) Is there a way to add a screen capture or thumbnail to the payment? 
3)  This may be too early to mention, but is there any way to connect this payment tool with Stripe? 

Going to addd all the account information this week, but I am excited to use this. We are looking to migrate from NinjaForms (WordPress) and Stripe integration to HubSpot forms and HubSpot payments.

Thanks,

Jack

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
mvittum
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JSchneider90  - My name is Mike - I sit on the HubSpot payments product team. I'd be happy to help here - answers in red below: 

1. Are there any screen shots of how the payments tool is used in a workflow? For example, if we do an if/then branch of customers vs. non-customers who complete a webinar form (HubSpot), we are looking to bypass the payment tool for customers and show the payment tool for non-customers.
    • Depending on your subscription level, and as long as you have customers segmented in HubSpot, then you could probably use smart content instead of workflows for this.  You could show one version of a CTA for customers and another version for non-customers. Each CTA would lead to a registration page based on if the registrant is a customer or not. You could use the same registration form but the non-customer page would redirect to the HubSpot payments checkout experience after form submission, once the non-customer registrant checkouts then they are redirect to the webinar confirmation page. For customers, the registration page could use an in-line message or redirect to the webinar confirmation page after the form submission, they would never be sent to the checkout page. Workflows could also be an option but I'd want to understand your thought process there. One note: custom quantities isn't available yet for HubSpot payments, so you would need to offer individual checkouts e.g. 1 seats = $20 or use a payment link that has a pre-fixed amount e.g. 3 seats = $60. This can be a good way to add volume discounts e.g. 3 seats = $50 save $10!
  2. Is there a way to add a screen capture or thumbnail to the payment?
    • Not on the native checkout page but you can embed the checkout form on any site page, that would allow you to design the page anyway you want. 
  3. This may be too early to mention, but is there any way to connect this payment tool with Stripe?
    • HubSpot payments doesn't have the ability to utilize an existing Stripe account. Stripe is the payment infrastructure we utilize for transactions but a separate stripe account is created. HubSpot payments customers don't need to interact with this additional Stripe account though, your commerce process is handled inside of HubSpot (transactions, refunds, etc.) eliminating the use of multiple tools and bringing your commerce data into HubSpot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
mvittum
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JSchneider90  - My name is Mike - I sit on the HubSpot payments product team. I'd be happy to help here - answers in red below: 

1. Are there any screen shots of how the payments tool is used in a workflow? For example, if we do an if/then branch of customers vs. non-customers who complete a webinar form (HubSpot), we are looking to bypass the payment tool for customers and show the payment tool for non-customers.
    • Depending on your subscription level, and as long as you have customers segmented in HubSpot, then you could probably use smart content instead of workflows for this.  You could show one version of a CTA for customers and another version for non-customers. Each CTA would lead to a registration page based on if the registrant is a customer or not. You could use the same registration form but the non-customer page would redirect to the HubSpot payments checkout experience after form submission, once the non-customer registrant checkouts then they are redirect to the webinar confirmation page. For customers, the registration page could use an in-line message or redirect to the webinar confirmation page after the form submission, they would never be sent to the checkout page. Workflows could also be an option but I'd want to understand your thought process there. One note: custom quantities isn't available yet for HubSpot payments, so you would need to offer individual checkouts e.g. 1 seats = $20 or use a payment link that has a pre-fixed amount e.g. 3 seats = $60. This can be a good way to add volume discounts e.g. 3 seats = $50 save $10!
  2. Is there a way to add a screen capture or thumbnail to the payment?
    • Not on the native checkout page but you can embed the checkout form on any site page, that would allow you to design the page anyway you want. 
  3. This may be too early to mention, but is there any way to connect this payment tool with Stripe?
    • HubSpot payments doesn't have the ability to utilize an existing Stripe account. Stripe is the payment infrastructure we utilize for transactions but a separate stripe account is created. HubSpot payments customers don't need to interact with this additional Stripe account though, your commerce process is handled inside of HubSpot (transactions, refunds, etc.) eliminating the use of multiple tools and bringing your commerce data into HubSpot.
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @JSchneider90 

Thank you for reaching out! 

So here is all the documentation I found for our new Payments tool: 

Connect payments to the quotes tool

Create and share a payment link

Set up the payments tool

Payments | Frequently asked questions

From what I understand here, you can share the payment link either 1:1 with a customer or you can add the link in your website. That means you can either use smart content in your website to have a different behaviour for free users or customers; or use a workflow and a if/then branch to decide one or the other.

I checked and you can trigger a workflow action off of either:

• A deal that gets created when a payment link is purchased
  • A Quote being marked as paid when a quote is purchased.

From what I can see here you cannot add a screen capture to the payment link, however as mentioned before you can connect payments to the quote tool and in the description of the quote you could add a link to a file - not ideal I know but that would be the best way I can think of 

Regarding Stripe, I found some information here. Payments is separate from Stripe payment processing. Both can co-exist but benefits of HS payments brings your commerce process into the HubSpot.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !