Sales Integrations

PJMcDermott
Participant

Upload portal to request sensitive documents??

SOLVE

Law firm admin here,

Looking for a solution to enable us to:

1. request sensitive documents from client prospects

2. allow them to upload

3. alert us when docs have been uploaded

4. store them securely 

5. find them (or a link to them) within the Deal record.

Can anyone make a recommendation?

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
SSukys
Solution
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hello @PJMcDermott!

Thanks for posting this. This is a cool problem to work through. 

I am not familiar with the security standards for legal documents so forgive me if this is not what you would consider a secure storage. 

One solution I came up with is to connect Hubspot with google drive using Zapier. The process would look like this.

1. You create a Google Drive folder titled, Client Uploads. 
  2. You create a Zap to monitor that Google Drive folder and alert you when a new file has been uploaded. 
  3. You instruct the clients to upload the files with a specific name to ensure Data Validation, ie all contracts are title "CONTRACT - Last Name, First Name"
  4. You extract the string of the file name and search for a Deal in Hubspot
  5. You find the deal and add either
    1. A new attachment to the deal, which copies the deal into Hubspot and deletes it from the Google Drive Folder.
    2. Add a link to a custom deal property that links to a folder for each specific client in Google Drive.

You can do some additional automations inside Zapier to clean this process up a bit, but hopefully this gives you a good starting point!

If I can help implement this or you need more help, please let me know!

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PJMcDermott,

Have you looked at CloudFiles? It integrates with HubSpot and lets you access your existing document libraries and create powerful links for your files & folders. You can collect analytics, add security & perform all sorts of automations in HubSpot: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/cloudfiles

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Shane_USG
Solution

SOLVE

I have also heard good things with some teams using FileInvite FileInvite | Data, Signature & Document Collection Software with Zapier to integrate with HubSpot.

13 Replies 13
SiddharthGarg91
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @karstenkoehler for the mention.

Hi @PJMcDermott and others, I am the co-founder at CloudFiles and we recently created a detailed article that solves this very issue for HubSpot users.

We have created a HubSpot workflow using CloudFiles actions that makes the following process possible. The video below is divided into 6 steps -

1. Create a new deal - We create a new deal called ‘File Request Demo’ which triggers a HubSpot workflow
  2. Wait for the link to appear - After some time, a sharing link would appear on the deal. It takes some time because we need to wait for the workflow to finish execution.
  3. Open link in new tab - We access this link in a new tab, just like a customer would open it.
  4. Upload files - It shows an area to upload files where we upload a few files of any type
  5. See uploaded files in HubSpot - The uploaded files are accessible from the deal record in HubSpot
  6. See uploaded files in Google Drive - The uploaded files are transferred to Google Drive and are visible from their as well

Detailed steps on creating this workflow along with pricing info for this use-case can be found in this article.

It is important to note that there is a whole lot of customizability possible in this modular workflow. E.g. you can setup notifications when files are received, use any cloud storage at the backend, create a new folder for each client and dedicate it for the uploads etc... The article mentions these as well. Here's how the final workflow looks like.

Untitled (10).png

Hope you all find this interesting & useful.

Happy sharing & receiving!

PS: For any spanish speakers, here's a spanish version of this article published by our partner @Marcosluqueolmo  : https://cmospain.com/conectar-hubspot-con-un-gestor-documental-drive-sharepoint-dropbox-etc-el-gran-...

Marcosluqueolmo
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the mention @SiddharthGarg91 

If anyone needs help with the implementation of Cloudfiles feel free to ask me.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Marcosluqueolmo and @SiddharthGarg91,

Thanks for sharing your app with the community! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
almaojp
Contributor

SOLVE

Hola @PJMcDermott,

Justo nos sucede lo mismo, nosotros somos una fintech y los documentos de nuestros clientes son sensibles, sobre todo los de B2B, la opción que dimos fue envíar un formulario donde ellos pudiesen cargar la información y esta llegase directamente al contacto dentro de husbpot; cada usuario de hubspot puede ver lo de sus clientes, entonces es lo que pudismo hacer hasta ahora

Si te interesa aplicarlo y no te queda claro como hacerlo, por favor hazme saber

Saludos!

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @almaojp hope you are doing well 🙂

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
Shane_USG
Solution

SOLVE

I have also heard good things with some teams using FileInvite FileInvite | Data, Signature & Document Collection Software with Zapier to integrate with HubSpot.

BrendanPfahlert
Participant

SOLVE

That's us! Brendan here from FileInvite - also a HubSpot admin so know both tools well. 

FileInvite is best used when you know what information you want to request from someone. It's not file sharing like you get with cloud storage tools.

Our clients typically report getting information back 2 to 3 times faster than the same process via email or shared folder due to the ease of doing so for the person who has the documents. 

You can build in internal workflows to accept and reject infomation. Get additional information and you can automate the renaming of files and convert documents to PDF, as well as automatically sync with cloud storage soluition so your team has access.

If using for onboarding you can setup templates to request the same "set" of documents from every new client.

You can connect FileInvite to Hubspot via Zapier, or just use the same UUID or a case file reference in both systems to allow for easy searching. 

Everything is encrypted and we have SOC2 Type2 security. Feel free to sign up for a free trial today at www.fileinvite.com - let me know if you have any questions and I can step you through a typical use case.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this integration with us, @Shane_USG

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PJMcDermott,

Have you looked at CloudFiles? It integrates with HubSpot and lets you access your existing document libraries and create powerful links for your files & folders. You can collect analytics, add security & perform all sorts of automations in HubSpot: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/cloudfiles

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CGrove5

SOLVE

I love Cloudfiles but it wont work for this solution.  HubSpot is not HIPAA compliant and with Cloudfiles that documents remain in HubSpot aswell and you would need to manually delete them.

0 Upvotes
SiddharthGarg91
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @CGrove5 , with the reply I posted above (using datarooms to collect files), they dont stay in HubSpot. They directly move to your respective Cloud Storage.

0 Upvotes
SSukys
Solution

SOLVE

Hello @PJMcDermott!

Thanks for posting this. This is a cool problem to work through. 

I am not familiar with the security standards for legal documents so forgive me if this is not what you would consider a secure storage. 

One solution I came up with is to connect Hubspot with google drive using Zapier. The process would look like this.

1. You create a Google Drive folder titled, Client Uploads. 
  2. You create a Zap to monitor that Google Drive folder and alert you when a new file has been uploaded. 
  3. You instruct the clients to upload the files with a specific name to ensure Data Validation, ie all contracts are title "CONTRACT - Last Name, First Name"
  4. You extract the string of the file name and search for a Deal in Hubspot
  5. You find the deal and add either
    1. A new attachment to the deal, which copies the deal into Hubspot and deletes it from the Google Drive Folder.
    2. Add a link to a custom deal property that links to a folder for each specific client in Google Drive.

You can do some additional automations inside Zapier to clean this process up a bit, but hopefully this gives you a good starting point!

If I can help implement this or you need more help, please let me know!

PJMcDermott
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you @SSukys! This is so helpful. I really like it as a solution for this - and can also see using it as an onboarding solution for any company that needs to collect digital assets, files, etc. for new clients. Much appreciated.

PJ

0 Upvotes