Sales Integrations

SlapdashTeam
Participante

Understanding "You don’t have permission to connect this integration"

Hello, we are adding a new integration for HubSpot and encountered a situation we're unable to figure out yet.

A lot of times, the integration connects perfectly fine, but we noticed that it doesn't connect for certain accounts. Instead we get the following error "You don’t have permission to connect this integration". 

SlapdashTeam_2-1621392962901.png

We're trying to understand what permissions are required, so we can make it robust and provide more helpful instructions to our customers.
The help page linked from the error suggests adding App Marketplace permission which we have added to our test account, but we still reach the above error. The help page then suggests that we add Super Admin permissions. 

Well, we can do this for our test account, but our customers may have constraints and not be comfortable making all their employees Super Admins. We're looking for instructions on how to resolve on behalf of our customers, which are also HubSpot customers. 

Q1: Is there another setting a customer can enable, so they can connect our app.

For our test account we verified that "App Marketplace" permission is on, as well as all other permissions.
SlapdashTeam_1-1621392859279.png

Q2: Could this be related to us not having submitted yet our application to the App Marketplace? Would this resolve once our application is approved for the App Marketplace?

This is what a customer will see when they connect HubSpot to Slapdash.
We're planning to finish and submit our App Marketplace application over the next couple of days.

SlapdashTeam_0-1621392708308.png

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad

Hello @SlapdashTeam if you have all the correct integration permissions as this article recommends here and still can't connect this app, I would recommend waiting until the app been approved by HubSpot. Does this error occur by downloading any other app logged as this user?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

SlapdashTeam
Participante

Thanks @PamCotton ! Indeed, if we try to connect "Zapier" we reach the same type of error. I just tried that out of test account "xxx" for hub ID x - if this xxxinformation is helpful to debug. If you need more feel free to reach out over email and I'll be happy to assist as detailed as possible.

This error seems to be related to adding the "contacts" integration scope. If we remove all scopes except "oauth" we are able to connect our app - but that wouldn't make for a useful integration 🙂 

0 Me gusta
PamCotton

Hello, @SlapdashTeam thank you for providing the extra information. Have you tested with another user? If not could you please test with a user that is a superadmin in your account? This way we can check if it's not related to permissions.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !