Sales Integrations

GShelia12
Contributor

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi HubSpot community 👋

I'm trying to get the most out of sales email tracking. I'm using HubSpot's Chrome sales extension that tracks & logs email opens, replies, clicks. 

For example it would be great to know: 

• When the contact first opened/clicked on sales email.
  • How many times has the contact clicked on sales email.

I've been digging in the contact properties to search for data. There are just three contact properties that illustrate just "recent sales email opens/clicks/replies" - so no intel about other interactions.

Is there a way around? Help would be much appreciated!

P.S I know I can see how the contacts interacted with one-to-one emails on the timeline of contact pages. But this does not really solve the problem. 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi @GShelia12,

This information is not stored in contact properties, correct.

For a workaround, the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder) lets you choose "Sales emails" as a data. Here you can report on the "Count of sales email clicks", "Link URL" etc. The exact settings of this report depend on what you want to visualize. I'd recommend playing around with this and seeing how far you can get. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

A general word of advice, click tracking is not necessarily reliable. More and more email clients load emails and check links in the background to scan for potential risks. A sales email cannot distinguish between human or a non-human click. Personally, I would not over-emphasize how many times an email was clicked.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi @GShelia12,

Yes, "Sales email" appears as a data source like any other when creating a data set under Menu > Reports > Data Management > Datasets:

karstenkoehler_0-1661846983650.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GShelia12
Contributor

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler a quick follow-up if I may,

Can the "Sales Email" data be accessed and be worked on via:

• HubSpot's Datasets (operations hub)
  • Data watehouse (if I export the whole HubSpot data to external data warehouse such as BigQuery). 

If yes, could you please give a hint how? 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi @GShelia12,

Yes, "Sales email" appears as a data source like any other when creating a data set under Menu > Reports > Data Management > Datasets:

karstenkoehler_0-1661846983650.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

GShelia12
Contributor

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler,

Thank you so much for the quick response!

All noted!

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Tracking sales emails

SOLVE

Hi @GShelia12,

This information is not stored in contact properties, correct.

For a workaround, the custom report builder (Menu > Reports > Reports > Create report > Custom report builder) lets you choose "Sales emails" as a data. Here you can report on the "Count of sales email clicks", "Link URL" etc. The exact settings of this report depend on what you want to visualize. I'd recommend playing around with this and seeing how far you can get. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

A general word of advice, click tracking is not necessarily reliable. More and more email clients load emails and check links in the background to scan for potential risks. A sales email cannot distinguish between human or a non-human click. Personally, I would not over-emphasize how many times an email was clicked.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler