The New Google Voice Integration

chadbarnes521
Participant
Is there a planned integration with the new, more robust Google Voice (https://cloud.google.com/voice/) that’s now part of G Suite? It seems like a great option, especially for smaller teams. We’d love to give it a shot, but not without HubSpot integration. Thanks!!
13 Replies 13
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @chadbarnes521

Yes, that looks great.

Can't see anything from Google about an API (Application Programming Interface) that would let us integrate it with HubSpot... but, you can only assume it's coming.

We've been testing Cradle.io with one of our clients in New Zealand (we're a HubSpot Partner Agency) and it's great!

Have fun

Mike

bneel
jackoutthebox11
Contributor

are you able to make calls with google voice in Hubspot and log said call? If so please share how you did that.

chadbarnes521
Participant
Does Cradle.io work in the U.S.?
0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @chadbarnes521 

Yes, I'm pretty sure Cradle.io works in the US.

They're super helpful – give them a call.

Cheers

Mike

0 Upvotes
keelancook
Participant
In the same boat. Considering a switch, but it's going to be frustrating if Hubspot won't integrate with Google Voice.

It seems like an obvious win, since Google is pushing Voice as a solution for businesses now.
0 Upvotes
jrheidkamp
Participant

Also need to add SMS/MMS as a category.   Business texting has been around for a while and is extremely popular.  

0 Upvotes
sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @keelancook @jrheidkamp 

While this is not functionality at the moment, I would recommend upvoting this idea, and the status is currently: in reviewing. 

Thanks 

Sharon

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

keelancook
Participant

Done. Thanks for the tip!

Also though, I would still want the ability to choose Google Voice to send and not be forced to my phone's primary number. That's really what I'm after. With the Hubspot mobile app, when I click to call someone from a contact card, it gives me the option of using either my phone app (the primary number on my phone), or my Google Voice number. Then, after the call is completed, I have the option to log the call.

With SMS from the app, (1) it does not give me an option to choose a different messaging app like Google Voice, and (2) it does not allow me to log the activity. I would love for this to work just like calling does.

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @keelancook I'd encourage you to add this comment on the idea's thread! 🙂

¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

0 Upvotes
keelancook
Participant

I'll stick it over there as well, thanks!

mendymarcus
Participant

I use Google Voice for my business, it would be neat if I could connect HubSpot and Google Voice in order to have the phone features, recording, logs, caller ID, etc.

sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @mendymarcus 

I would recommend upvoting this idea and add your feedback there. 🙂

Thanks

Sharon