Sales Integrations

kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Syncing one HubSpot portal to multiple Salesforce instances with PieSync

I am a BIG fan of the HubSpot - Salesforce Integration.  My very first customer call as a HubSpot representative was a three-hour-long Salesforce integration-related question.  A baptism of fire one may say.....

giphy

I came into the SFDC world because I hated not knowing what was going on but I stayed because three years later, I am still learning and I adore the complexity of the logic that is sometimes required.  There are so many variations of SFDC setups.  Requirements change and I am constantly learning more nuances to our integration.  The new challenge I was recently asked about was syncing HubSpot with multiple instances of SFDC.  I was told it wasn't possible but where there is a will, there is a way!!

You cannot do this with the HubSpot-Salesforce Integration at this time but let me introduce you to PieSync who have recently joined the HubSpot family.

PieSync is a solution that allows you to build the bridge between different platforms without requiring any development or coding.  It's multiple integrations at the tip of your fingers!

Step by Step Guide:

• To begin with, I set up a PieSync account here
  • I have two SFDC instances already for testing purposes 
  • Within my HubSpot portal, I created two property groups 'SFDC Portal A' and 'SFDC Portal B'.  Within these groups, I created the data sets (Properties in HS and Fields in SFDC) that I wanted to 'talk to each other' between the different portals.  From a scalability perspective, I would recommend that you pass minimal information so to protect your data integrity.  You also need to be mindful that there may be duplication in these properties so clearly mark them as the relevant SFDC portal properties.

See example below, rinse and repeat dependent on what data you want to sync to the portal B.

Snag_2b17c29d.png

• Next up I created two static lists in HubSpot, as below.

Snag_2b19319e.png

• I created two new connections in my PieSync account.  One synced with portal A and one synced with portal B.
    • Connection one: I set up the rules so that 'IF a lead is in SFDC THEN sync it two-way between SFDC and HS and add to static list SFDC Portal B'.  This rule can be refined to specify what SFDC leads by adding more filters.  The next rule is 'IF a contact is in HS and in static list SFDC Portal B THEN sync it two-way between SFDC and HS.' You will also be able to refine this criteria if required.

Snag_2b1b8571.png

• The next part of this same connection is around the field mappings.  In order to protect data integrity.  I have turned off all of the 'normal' properties syncing so that only the custom options I created to sync with portal B will be synced across as well as the email property as this is HubSpot's unique identifier for contacts (for deduplication reasons).

Snag_2b210826.png

Again you can rinse and repeat for the connection to portal A.

Important factors:

• Identify what data points are needed by the sales team within the relevant portal and what a 'good lead looks like' to that team.  You will need to align with sales to make sure that your addition of leads makes sense in how they use their SFDC.
  • You will need to put safeguards in place so that if a lead exists in portal A and portal B that you do not have the same contact going down through similar nurture workflows.  This can easily be done by having an exclusion list that filters contacts by 'portal A property' is known and 'portal B property' is known (properties that are required are a good way to go!).
  • You can create a workflow that will add contacts in HubSpot to the static list once they meet the requirements you set as an enrollment trigger. This is your 'inclusion list' where you will be able to clearly identify what records are syncing with the relevant SFDC portal.
  • Ask whether the different SFDC portals have validation rules that need to be met in order for a lead to be created.  These rules need to be reflected in the criteria you set in the workflow to add contacts to a static inclusion list.
  • Naming conventions are going to be important in property creation, workflows lists etc. 

Extras:

• If there is information within SFDC that is syncing across that you would like to populate other HubSpot fields used by your marketers, you can then use workflows to copy the values from SFDC portal specific property to relavant HubSpot property.

Limitations:

• I would recommend keeping the data set small from a scalability perspective.
  • You can only sync leads/contacts - not deals/opportunities or companies/accounts or custom objects at this time.

This is a working solution and I am open to any and all holes.  Pick apart and send me over any feedback!  I hope this helps!

15 Antworten
rjonesSolaria
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This would have perfectly solved my current problem if they hadn't absorbed Piesync and then ended the capability to use it to sync to an additional salesforce instance outside of the salesforce connector. what do we do now? build a custom integration? use a different app?

0 Upvotes
LROADY
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Now that PieSync has been retired, how are folks accomplishing 1 HubSpot : 2 Salesforce?

richard88
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@SWdc Based on this article - https://knowledge.hubspot.com/salesforce/salesforce-integration-faq#can-i-integrate-multiple-hubspot... it looks like its possible in reverse, however, now that piesync has been absorbed by Operations Hub, @kaburke can this still be done? 2 SFDC Portals to 1 HubSpot?

SGringer
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

I'm in a similar situation. I have a client that was syncing 2 salesforce instances with Piesync into one Hubspot instance. Now that Operations Hub took over, it only syncs one SF instance. Looking for a new solution. This just brought a global operation to its knees. 

Ideas on the table...

Merge SF instances?

Too different. Not possible.

Sync each to a middleware data warehouse then connect that to Hubspot? 

Possible but this needs to be rock solid and somehow scoped and engineered by a dev team. An expense nobody saw coming.

Anyone have a better idea?

katherineladue
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

Did you ever figure out a solution for this? I am starting to look into how we can connect multiple Salesforce instances to one HubSpot portal and was wondering if anyone had tried Zapier for this. Would we have to use the native integration for one Salesforce instance and then use Zapier for the other?

0 Upvotes
SGringer

That's what we ended up doing. We left the native integration for one and used a two zaps for the other. One in each direction. 

katherineladue

Thanks!! Good to know at least one other person out there is doing this... Any crazy limitations or problems that came up with using Zapier for it? I've done the native Hubspot/Salesforce native integration a million times but never used Zapier. 

0 Upvotes
SGringer

So sorry I never saw this to respond! So far it's been running since jan 1 with no issues. Just one thing we had to update because a new field value in salesforce was added and we had to account for it in the ZAP filter.

0 Upvotes
Simoneponti89
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Hello,

Is it possible to connect a HubSpot (Sales Pro) account to 4 different Salesforce accounts?

If it is not possible, could a valid alternative be to create 4 different HubSpot accounts (Sales free/starter) and connect them to the 4 different Salesforce accounts?

0 Upvotes
RHartsfield
Teilnehmer/-in

As Piesync was sunsetted and Hubspot Operations Hub is the tool Hubspot has for integrations, that would be where you're pointed to for this project. 
Vertify, we're a Hubspot partner, does this set up. We can work with you on which ever situation your in: do your customers live in multiple SFDC instances or are they separated and don't ever need to cross over. 
Happy to talk more if you like to see how we'd go about.

0 Upvotes
RHartsfield
Teilnehmer/-in

@SGringer & @katherineladue  Looking at this for a customer who is connecting 2 SFDC instances as well as Snowflake. If you're looking for a more robust integration outside of Zaps, Vertify can help. 

0 Upvotes
SWdc
Mitglied

How about 2 HUBSPOT instances to ONE Salesforce?

0 Upvotes
RHartsfield
Teilnehmer/-in

@SWdc Vertify can do multiple Hubspots to ONE SFDC.

0 Upvotes
Leslie_Vanco
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks for this detailed post! I was wondering if you think it would be possible to continue with your 1:1 HubSpot/Salesforce integration via HubSpot, but to also have a "lighter" integration to another Salesforce instance via PieSync using the steps you recommended.

0 Upvotes
kaburke
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Leslie_Vanco! Yes you could absolutely do this but I would recommend keeping an eye on those contacts that are syncing to both portals 🙂