Sales Integrations

AdamZampa

Syncing email clicks and opens with Salesforce

We integrate with Hubspot and only sync email sends with Salesforce. I've had a request to also sync the email opens and clicks, but I'm concerned this will overload the Activity History. Is there a way to divert certain activities to a custom object (or something)?

3 Replies 3
AdamZampa

We integrate with Hubspot and only sync email senomegle   ds with Salesforce. I've had a request to also sync the email opens and clicks, but I'm concerned this will overload the Activity History. Is there a way to divert certain activities to a custom object (or somethi

0 Upvotes
LaurenRyan
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@AdamZampa You could really over-engineer a custom object in HubSpot by creating a workflow that creates a custom object record for every click/open etc on an email. & then sync that object through to Salesforce.

If you lose all of the battles, you can turn on the click + open sync and see how the team reacts. You can create another 'type' option for these tasks so you can easily filter them out in reports, but, I have never found that a Sales team appreciates having them in the sync.

So in short - yes, you can. But, should you? 🙂 

I'd ask them what the value prop is and what they're trying to show by knowing this data and see if you can find a different way to satisfy it. ie - are they trying to see when a contact/lead last engaged in an email? are they trying to see how many emails they've clicked on? You could easily solve those with single fields that sync through to Salesforce rather than the custom object solution.

Or, if they're trying to see if they've clicked certain high-value emails, you can create a workflow that triggers a task for that specific email (when clicked) so it's not overwhelming. 🙂

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @AdamZampa I wanted to add top experts to this matter @TrujayJay @LaurenRyan @lynton any recommendations to @AdamZampa?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes