Sales Integrations

Paul_B
Participant

Syncing Outreach Changes

Hi,

I'm using the Outreach connector for syncing Contacts from Outreach to HubSpot (one way from Outreach to HubSpot).  Initial sync works great, however I'm finding that many changes in Outreach don't get synced after that initial sync.  So initial sync happens successfully, change is made to a prospect in Outreach, incremental sync occurs, change isn't made to HubSpot.

A good example of this is tags.  I have Outreach tags mapping correctly to a HubSpot multi-pick field, but if I add a tag to a prospect in Outreach that newly added tag will not get added to the contact in HubSpot.  The one exception is if I make a change to the Contact sync in the connector, which will initiate another full sync.  Then the updated tag will get added to HubSpot.  Obviously don't want to do this all the time.

Is this a known thing?  Are there certain fields that will be picked up in an incremental sync vs. fields that aren't?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
RSchweighart
Top Contributor

Syncing Outreach Changes

Hi @Paul_B,

Looking at the reviews of the integegration (https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/outreach-data-sync#:~:text=Out...), they're not great. Therefore, it seems this issue is not isolated to you. Your workaround may be the best solution with that integration.

The other option would be to consider using webhooks/APIs to set up a sync, but this would likely require a developer.

Hopefully someone else is able to come along with some better news.

Best,

Ryan Schweighart

Whole Hart Impact, LLC

whimpact.co

I help businesses with HubSpot and Zapier. 

0 Upvotes
Paul_B
Participant

Syncing Outreach Changes

Thanks for the reply Ryan.  Was working on expanding to syncing call activities yesterday and found similar behavior.  Things need to happen in just the right order for everything to work.  Hopefully someone from HubSpot can provide some more context or roadmap.

Paul

0 Upvotes