Sales Integrations

khookguy
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Sync to Salesforce creates a duplicate Lead when Contact already exists in SFDC

SOLVE

We have the SFDC integration configured to "Create a lead in Salesforce" when a HubSpot contact is created or updated.  

Unfortunately, sometimes SFDC already has a contact with the same email.  In this case, HubSpot creates a lead anyway - with the same email as the contact. 

We want HubSpot to sync the new or updated contact with the existing SFDC contact when one exists.

Does anyone know how we can make this happen?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
TrujayJay
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Ah, that makes much more sense now! The sync runs about every 15 minutes, so I would suggest waiting at least 15 minutes or until the HubSpot contact has a SFDC Contact ID on it and you can be assured that it synced from SF.

We're in the business of data migrations, and we've also found that if we add records to either system before the sync can do so, it'll create duplicates. So if changing the timing doesn't work, I'd look into whether or not it makes sense to have that 3rd party app sync to both systems.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
TrujayJay

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy ! Since the contact already exists in SF in this case, is there a reason why it wouldn't have synced to HubSpot to create a contact there? That would be the expected behavior unless you're using Selective Sync which could prevent some contacts from syncing.

If you would've expected this contact to sync from SF to HS, I would maybe suggest doing a one-time bulk import of the records from SF just to make sure you have all of them in HubSpot and don't repeat this situation.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
khookguy

SOLVE

Hi @TrujayJay Thanks for your response.

What's happening in this case is that a 3rd party app in creating a contact in SF and a contact in HubSpot at the same time.  We are using selective sync, but the contact in SF is visible to the HubSpot user.

I have a 5 minute delay before adding the newly created HubSpot contact to the Salesforce inclusion list.  I was hoping that during that time the newly created SF contact would sync down to HubSpot and match with the HubSpot contact and then, once the HubSpot contact got added to the Salesforce inclusion list, it would already be matched to the Salesforce contact and would not create a new lead in Salesforce.  But this is not happening.  

Any thoughts / ideas?

0 Upvotes
TrujayJay
Solution

SOLVE

Ah, that makes much more sense now! The sync runs about every 15 minutes, so I would suggest waiting at least 15 minutes or until the HubSpot contact has a SFDC Contact ID on it and you can be assured that it synced from SF.

We're in the business of data migrations, and we've also found that if we add records to either system before the sync can do so, it'll create duplicates. So if changing the timing doesn't work, I'd look into whether or not it makes sense to have that 3rd party app sync to both systems.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
khookguy

SOLVE

Thanks. Extending the time did the trick!

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @khookguy,

Thank you for reaching out!

I would like to invite our subject matter experts to this conversation.

Hi @MandyDROS@LaurenRyan@TrujayJay@Aakar - Do you have any tips for @khookguy?

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes