Sales Integrations

MGoswick2
Participant

Sync relationships between Custom Objects and Standard Objects from Salesforce

I'm working on setting up a HubSpot-Salesforce integration, but have run into trouble with custom objects. I was able to get contacts, companies, and several custom objects to successfully sync between HubSpot and Salesforce, and have the relationships between Contacts and Companies sync, but none of the relationships between Custom Objects and Contacts or Companies are syncing. I did set up the relationships in HubSpot (i.e. Many Object A can relate to One Company; Many Object B can relate to One Company or Many Contacts), and these relationships are set up the same way in Salesforce, but those relationships do not seem to carry over. Am I missing something in the sync settings, or is there something in the API I need to set up to get those relationships to sync from SFDC to HubSpot?

5 Replies 5
SWatson8

has this been fixed? I'm having the same issue..

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @MGoswick2 

Were you able to set the associations to sync in the integration settings when configuring it, as described here: Associations ?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MGoswick2
Participant

I did, and have confirmed the sync relationship within the SFDC sync settings. Within our SFDC setup, Accounts (Companies) has been renamed to Relationship.

MGoswick2_0-1654876582050.png

0 Upvotes
JSaunders12

Any luck with this? I'm having the same issue... I can see the Relationship Association within my Custom object (to Contact), which shows as Many Contacts to one 'Custom record', although updating the lookup field on either side doe not update the other.
Also strangley although the relationship is defined as one to many, I can assign multiple Related records to one contact within Hubspot.

0 Upvotes
MGoswick2
Participant

Nope, we ended up pausing the SFDC rollout due to other issues, but the end result was we no longer were evaluating the direct connection. I was never able to resolve the issue, but worth noting that our SFDC environment was being replaced nightly, so it may have been an API rate limit issue since HubSpot would see every record as having an udpate, and fail when it hit SFDC's limit. Unforunately, there is nothing in HubSpot that provides any indication in the HubSpot-SFDC integration to let you know that the sync limit on the SFDC side has been hit (only if you hit it on the HubSpot side), so I had no way of verifying this theory before the project was cancelled.

0 Upvotes