Sales Integrations

FNeus
Contributor

Survey Monkey and HubSpot - Best way to send out the Survey to participants

SOLVE

Hello,

i am looking for a more efficient way to send out our customer satisfaction surveys. So far, we used Survey Monkey to create the survey and analyze the results. Web-Collectors were generated in Survey Monkey and sent out via Hubspot. All of that was done without using the integration offered in the Hubspot Marketplace. Thus, it was not possible for us to connect answers to contacts in hubspot. That is something i would like to change.

Unfortunately, i fear that the integeration offered would not allow us to conduct the survey in the desired manner:

- create a survey in Survey Monkey that does NOT include a question regarding the email adress of respondents

- send out personlized mails via hubspot to all the customers relevant for this survey

- track incoming responses (even just one question is answered and the complete survey never finished) in hubspot and send out a reminder to contacts that did not yet answer the survey (completly)

- analyze data in surveymonkey with the possibility to filter for specific contacts and their answers

As far as i understand the conncetion bewteen the two platforms, the big issues with our plan are:

- It is not possible to integrate a personalized link to a given survey in hubspot mails and only by including the email adress as a response in survey monkey a link can be made

- Only complete answers are transferred from survey monkey to hubspot and even if a contact has provided answers to 90% of the questions, we will not see those responses in hubspot until the last 10% are answered

- the data gathered on survey monked would not contain any marker or properties that would allow me to filter contacts in any form

Do i evaluate the situation correctly? Is there a solution i do not see?

Regards,

Florian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ebmitchell80
Solution

SOLVE

Hi! We had a similar situation.  To avoid it we sent the emails right from SurveyMonkey but had a lot of issues with deliverability of the emails.  We moved to a new platform in the fall called AskNicely. They are a HubSpot partner and can integrate with HubSpot. We have a workflow list that feeds over to AskNicely based on "became a client date". The platform is very easy to use and has been a great solution. Our response rate from clients has more than doubled (it is 40%!)  and our NPS went up more than 20 pts because it is so easy for clients to respond.  Through AskNicely you can also automate things like asking clients to give Google reviews. It's more expensive than Survey Monkey but worth the money.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
FNeus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @ebmitchell80 ,

thanks a lot for that hint. I will look into asknicely as a longterm alternative. As long as the integration of survey monkey into hubspot doesn't work properly, another solution might help.

Best,
Florian

0 Upvotes
ebmitchell80
Solution

SOLVE

Hi! We had a similar situation.  To avoid it we sent the emails right from SurveyMonkey but had a lot of issues with deliverability of the emails.  We moved to a new platform in the fall called AskNicely. They are a HubSpot partner and can integrate with HubSpot. We have a workflow list that feeds over to AskNicely based on "became a client date". The platform is very easy to use and has been a great solution. Our response rate from clients has more than doubled (it is 40%!)  and our NPS went up more than 20 pts because it is so easy for clients to respond.  Through AskNicely you can also automate things like asking clients to give Google reviews. It's more expensive than Survey Monkey but worth the money.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for your suggestion Erica! 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes
FNeus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Mia,

once again, thank you for your input and thank for pointing out the discussion started by @surmacki. He basically came to the same conclusion: The Integration is a good start, but nothing worth getting excited about.

Unfortunately, that is the feeling i have with lot of integration-app i tested in the last months (e.g., gotowebinar). It is certainly nice to have basic functions covered, but it is always impossible to utilize the full capabilities of both tools.

Therefore, i would certainly hope that these integration-apps get more attention in the coming weeks and some serius progress can be made. Thus far, i do not see a comfortable way to include survey monkey responses in our Hubspot system.

I will try to look into Zapier or PieSync, but adding another tool to the mix was not my initial intention.

Best,

Florian

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FNeus,

Thank you for your valuable evaluation - based on how you wish to use the SurveyMonkey data in HubSpot, the integration does have some limitations:

• It is not possible to integrate a personalized link to a given survey in a HubSpot email automatically. A ready-made link would have to be saved as a custom property and then used as a personalization token in the email - you can check out this Community post for more context.
  • If you're using "web link collector surveys" in SurveyMonkey, you have to include an email field in the survey - to my knowledge, there is no other way for HubSpot to sync the response with the correct contact record. Using "custom variables" in SurveyMonkey is a great idea, but HubSpot's integration unfortunately can't recognize this field, as @surmacki shared in his evaluation of the integration.
  • Only complete answers are transferred from SurveyMonkey to HubSpot.
  • The data gathered from SurveyMonkey does not contain markers or properties that would allow you to filter contacts, the responses are saved as activites on the contact record.

I believe saving SurveyMonkey responses as HubSpot properties could help solve many of the limitations mentioned above. It would be great if you could upvote and share your feedback under this product idea.

You could also consider using PieSync or Zapier to push data between SurveyMonkey and HubSpot. 

To summarize, there are 2 ways of integrating HubSpot with SurveyMonkey:

1. Using a "web link collector survey" in Survey Monkey which needs to include the respondent's email address. 
  2. You can also use an "Email invitation collector survey". In this case, you don't need to include an email address field in the survey. The user's email address is collected automatically when they click the survey link in the SurveyMonkey email. But the emails would need to be sent via SurveyMonkey in this case.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mia. 

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

FNeus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello again,

adding to my own thoughts:

I just found out about custom variables that can be added to the Collector within Survey Monkey. Therefore, individualized Links could be used to create data in the final results of my survey.

As an example:

https://de.research.net/r/LP3H8CQ?M=[M_value]

with M_Value being the identifier i need.

However, i would need two additional options to make that work:

- I would need to alter the Link in each eMail sent out according to those custom variables (i.e., the recpients eMail). Ist that possible? So far, i was not able to generate a Link that incorporated "personalized" portion. 

- Hubspot would need to be able to use the information conveyed through the variable to attach the responses within the given timeline of the participant.

Would that work somehow? Apprectiate the help.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @FNeus ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

If you're using Web link collector surveys, your respondents must provide their email addresses for the integration to able to sync their responses over to HubSpot. There are two ways to collect their email addresses that will work with HubSpot, you can read more about it in this Knowledge base article:

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 12.22.20.png

HubSpot will not sync a respondent if their response is incomplete or they are disqualified.

After the data has been synced, you should be able to filter your contacts based on their responses. After creating lists, you can send personalized emails to contacts with the help of Workflows. 

@Hawk-Steve I've noticed you were working with the Survey Monkey integration in the past and created a custom report with Survey Monkey answers, do you maybe have any tips you could share with Florian? 

Thank you!

Mia

Sdiddy407
Contributor

SOLVE

How do you create a report that filters only respondents, I am not seeing this in a contact or activity report?

0 Upvotes
FNeus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Siddy,

as far as i understand it, only the respondents that answered the survey completly are shown in hubspot. Maybe that is the reason why you are not provided with an activity report.

FNeus
Contributor

SOLVE

Hello Mia,

thanks for your input to this matter.

I think it is rather inconvinient for participants to enter their eMail Adress when conducting a survey. Especially when done upfront, it will hinder the response rate. 

Is there any way to identify the participant based on the data in hubspot? I would like to see the possibility to create and send out personalized links to the survey in Hubspot or, at least, have some sort of identifier in the gathered data.

Furthermore, we also would like to utilize incomplete answers. When someone answers 10 out of 15 question, we can still draw conclusions based on the answers derived. Right now, hubspot would not implement this data.

Best, 

Florian

0 Upvotes