Sales Integrations

Honorable
Contributor

Stripe integration option for one-time or recurring payment at check out

We use the Stripe/Hubspot integration with some success for the check-out process upon e-signature of quotes with new clients.

Is there a way to offer an option A (automatic monthly payment) or B (manual monthly payment) at checkout in the Stripe integration?  If so, how?  If not, when? 🙂

It should be noted that Stripe supports this through APIs, but upon learning we are using the Hubspot integration, directed us to Hubspot for help. 

Use case:

We have legacy customers still being invoiced through Quickbooks and want to transition them to Stripe/Hubspot billing-- but in doing so give them the option of converting to automatic payments, or continuing to do manual ("one time") payments.   This will eliminate surprises and prevent the possibility of automatic charges to customers that don't want that.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
aljawo
Participant

Did anyone find a solution to 'save' credit card information for future payments? Is there a way to add to the quote a 'save payment information' option?

0 Upvotes
dmytro
Participant

Hey @Honorable 

I work on a similar project, but I integrate Stripe into custom Quotes. As about your question:

Is there a way to offer an option A (automatic monthly payment) or B (manual monthly payment) at checkout in the Stripe integration?  If so, how?  If not, when? 🙂

You can use an automatic monthly payment (or another period) setting in the products. At least it works on Quotes. As for manual monthly payment: we are searching for a solution, but for now, there is no such functionality in HubSpot. In this case, I plan to use an annual subscription and disable it after first payment in Stripe. Then I'll charge saved cards manually 

Feel free to contact if you need any help

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Honorable,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I'm not too familiar with the Stripe payment processing, but I just checked our Knowledge Base article and it seems that there is no way for customers to choose between automatic or monthly payment; the information about the frequency of payments needs to be inlcuded in the line items: 

Screenshot 2021-09-30 at 18.14.52.png

But I wanted to tag a couple of other HubSpot experts to get their input: 

@himanshurauthan@dmytro@RobGoldiez do you maybe have any suggestions for @Honorable?

Thank you!
Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings