Sales Integrations

katherineladue
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Salesforce Integration - Opportunity Record Type ID Requirement

Has anyone found a good way to get around the requirement for Opportunity Record Type ID in order to sync opportunities to deals in the Salesforce integration? I literally have run into this issue SO many times in the past few months and it doesn't appear that HubSpot has any plans to change this about the integration, although I did create an ideas post for it here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Stop-automatically-mapping-Salesforce-Opportunity-Rec...

Many, many people do not use Opportunity Record Types in Salesforce, and this prevents them from being able to sync their opportunities to HubSpot because it automatically syncs Record Type ID to the Deal Pipeline, which is a prerequisite to creating a deal. How can I get around this without having to ask my clients to assign a new Opportunity Record Type to every single opportunity?

Also, I don't think that Record Type is the same exact thing as Deal Pipeline in most cases, because people use it as more of an "opportunity type" field. I really do not understand why the integration is like this. Any insight would be appreciated!

3 Replies 3
MandyDROS

Hello @katherineladue !

We have done this using Zapier!  

Have you tried that as a solution?  We did a very complex integration for a client between SF and HS that was necessary because of this exact issue. 

You can use whatever data is necessary to trigger, filter, and feed info into the HS deal record from SF and create a deal. 

Do you need that deal information or any part of the deal record to sync back to SF?  If so, what information?

Mandy HubSpot Forum Footer.png

katherineladue

Oh, very good point! Was that a huge amount of work to get set up and configured with Zapier? 

After consulting with support (again), they mentioned that this requirement should only prevent the deals from syncing if the Salesforce instance previously used Opportunity Record Types, but then deleted them, so it would hypothetically only sync the opportunities that had never had a Record Type ID and the ones that had, even if it's now deleted, would return a sync error. If they've never had Opportunity Record Types at all, then the integration would create the Salesforce Default Pipeline and sync all deals to that. 

With the specific client I'm working through this with right now, almost all of their deals returned errors at first, but now they are slowly syncing over 1,000 at a time.

However that's very good to know that Zapier could also be an option, because I've also had clients in the past where the integration created a pipeline for each Opportunity Record Type, even the inactive ones, and that was also massively inconvenient. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @katherineladue,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts here to see if they can help:

hi @Drew_Cohen@MandyDROS@Aakar, do you have any input on this matter? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings