Sales Integrations

JRoyle
Participant

Quickbooks Integration - Who Has Done it?

Looking for other Hubspot customers who have done the quickbooks integration...we are considering it but my team wants to know pros/cons of it. We currently have enterprise desktop but are considering doing online.  But if anyone has insight or would be willing to chat with us on their experience I would appreciate it.  I would love to have the data in one place but they still have some questions.

0 Upvotes
14 Replies 14
KCosta640
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

Integrating with both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online is possible. The main difference is the options available. There are fewer options to integrate with the Desktop version, but companies like Commercient can handle that integration. The Desktop version of QuickBooks, in general, also has more advanced functionality than the Online version. If the Online version is what you are looking for, there are options like HubSpot's pre-built integration tool as as well more customizable options. I would definitely check out the App Marketplace for all the options. 

As you are looking, one thing to be aware of is the different between an ETL Toolset, Pre-built, and Managed Integration. 

ETL is really more DIY. You are given a platform to build it yourself and you are responsible for it. When HubSpot or QuickBooks updates "break" the integration, you willl need to go back in a fix it. 

Pre-Built is very quick to implement, but rarely very flexible in configuration. What you see is what you get. If what you see is what you need, then that is great, if you need more, you may struggle here. 

Managed integration does the work for you. They build it and manage it long term to be compatible with updates and the like. 

As you can imagine, there are pros and cons to each of these options. 

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KCosta640,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Community!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MichaelTomar,

Thank you for sharing your integration with us!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
Honorable
Contributor

We've been trying this and have seen a few pros and cons fairly quickly. We've got over 100 clients we're currently invoicing monthly through QB Online, managing all other interactions in HubSpot.

Pros:

Creating invoices in HubSpot, pulling from the quote(s) in HubSpot. 

Fairly easy to set up and not have to re-add products or properties between sources

The "Invoices" section in a Hubspot deal that reflects status of the created invoice, e.g. "paid"

Invoice created in Hubspot is also created in QB and can be managed in QB as needed

Cons:

Only quotes that haven't expired can be used to create invoices (seamlessly)

Lack of real workflow options to move/manage data and steps between systems

Cannot create or manage recurring invoices in Hubspot for QB

Cannot create or manage sales receipts in Hubspot for QB

Overall this integration is a step in the right direction, and it's worth trying.  But key limitations like the ones above do make this a challenging tool to adopt fully right now.  

BLaRosa
Contributor

QB Online is good but it is limited compared to the rich features of any of teh desktop versions but particulalrly Enterprise.  Inventory, Estimates, Sales Orders, linked Purchase Orders etc are all critical bits unless you are a very small SME.  QB Online will get there but it is a long way away - as are most other cloud products.

We use QB Enterprise because of these exact features.

We have multiple Shopify stores where we use Connext to automate data being moved to QBE and it works well.

We'd liketo start to quote and take orders for our core business in HubSpot but this will mean manual data entry into QB which is a backwards step from our current processes.  Until HubSpot can take an order and push the bill of materials for the order to a finance system like QBE this move is dead in the water.

MRamberg
Contributor

This is exactly what we are experiencing right now. HubSpot should be more upfront about their QB integration options because most of the time it won't work from what I've heard unless you want to spend $10k-$20k on a custom integration solely so you can import an order or invoice from HS to QBE. If anyone has additional feedback on how they've made a work around it would be greatly appreciated!

0 Upvotes
BLaRosa
Contributor

Give Connex a try (Sync with Connex | QuickBooks Automation | Simplify Your Workflow).  It is easy to implement, relatively inpensive for what value you get (certainly not $10-$20K) and a standard app so no custom integration needs to be developed.  We use Connext to sync our Shopify and HubSpot transactions into QB Enterprise and are very happy with it.

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

@BLaRosa I actually have spoken with Connex (in June of this year) and they are unable to fulfill what we would need. They only transfer info from QuickBooks into HubSpot, not the other way around. We need a way to take orders & invoices from HubSpot and import them into QuickBooks so that we can create jobs and allocate inventory etc. from there. Thanks for the feesback though!

0 Upvotes
naudine
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi @MRamberg 

I suggest you check Commercient's ready-to-use two-way Sync app also available in HubSpot Marketplace, no mapping no coding, and highly customizable

I hope you find it helpful!

Regards
Naudine

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

I have actually reached out and had several conversations with them and it is actually a lot of mapping and coding. Their basic integration in Marketplace does not do much of anything. You have to pay for the amount of times you want it to sync and they charge to get everything up and running so that it syncs properly and you have to sign an annual agreement etc.

0 Upvotes
naudine

@MRamberg 

The solution is very scalable. Some companies will benefit from out-of-the-box templates, whereas other companies may look for a more unique integration. Either way, as a fully managed service, all mapping is completed by the Commercient team. This is all included in the one-time Success Plan that covers the full setup of the requested integration. You can pick and choose the information that would be relevant to your organization.

The most common integrations are SYNCing ERP Accounts, Contacts, Invoices, and Products into HubSpot and then taking HubSpot Companies, Contacts, and Deals to create new records in the ERP. For instance, a Deal in HubSpot can be used to create a new Sales Order in the ERP.

There are also different pricing models to meet different organizations' needs. Many integrations on the market are based on the number of records you sync, but the Commercient model is based on the frequency of the integration, or how often it will occur, where you don't pay for each SYNC individually, but rather you choose a schedule that meets your needs.

You can choose to integrate data as little as once a day every day at a specific time, or if your needs require, you can sync hourly, or faster. Under this model, there is no limitation to the number of records included in the integration. The integration is managed long-term. This is an ongoing SYNC of new records, which is why there is an annual subscription.

I hope this sums up the solution in a better light for you :). Attached are success stories of clients who successfully integrated their HubSpot CRM and Quickbooks Desktop/Online with SYNC.

Regards
Naudine

0 Upvotes
BLaRosa
Contributor

I am pretty sure they now support HubSpot deals/orders to QB.  This was a recent update.  Might be worth checking again.

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

Thanks for the update @BLaRosa I didn't realize that. I reached back out to them again to see if things have changed. Thanks again!

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post @JRoyle !

I wanted to tag in @BLaRosa and @MRamberg from this conversation. It'd be great if you could share any information or experience with @JRoyle 🙂