Sales Integrations

JimA
Contributor

Quickbooks Enter-prise Desktop Integration

SOLVE

We use Quickbooks, the enterprise version hosted locally, for accounting AND to generate all Quotes and Sales Orders. This is NOT the online QB version.

I am looking for solutions to Sync between Quickbooks and Hubspot. The only options I've found are for the QB Online product.

Ideally, I am interested in a two-way sync. But, even a one-way transfer from QB into HS would be helpful.

Anyone out there have any suggestions? I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Jim

1 Accepted solution
darynsmith
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@JimA Looks like a custom integration is the solution. I've checked online and there are PHP SDK's out there that appear to work with Quickbooks Desktop edition. So this does look possible. But this is not a standard easy API to API integration. You'll need to deploy code to your on-premise servers, worry about firewalls etc.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital

View solution in original post

28 Replies 28
Lyndon
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing @sam 🙌🏾

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @MichaelTomar

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
naudine
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JimA 

Commercient has a two-way sync app for integrating HubSpot and Quickbooks. The app is available on the marketplace or you can go directly to their website. I hope you find this information useful!

Regards

N Mosime

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing, @naudine

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
ACASHGL

SOLVE

Hi All,

I have found a company that has an existing integration for Hubspot and Quickbooks Desktop/Enterprise. The company is Commercient - https://www.commercient.com/ This does not require custom development. Prior to finding Commercient, we recieved a 55k quote to develop this solution

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

SOLVE

I, too, looked into commercient and their existing API does not require custom development but gets really pricey when you want the sync to occur more than once per day. Additionally, if you have a robust inventory of SKUs that are customizeable, you won't effectively/efficiently be able to utilize HubSpot's native quoting application without wasting time scrolling through hundreds of part #'s. And Commercient's API only supports HubSpot to QBE, so if you're using a more robust quoting integration (i.e. PandaDoc), Commercient won't be able to provide a sync to QBE. I was quoted roughly $6-8k for project setup for once/day sync (6-8 week timeframe), plus a 12 month contract of ~$3k. The rep(s) I met with also were hard to communicate with and didn't seem very knowledgeable of the product; but that was just my experience. 

0 Upvotes
JTarazevits

SOLVE

Below are the rough specifications I have drafted for my developer.  This integration woudl be for our company as well.  QuickBooks Desktop integration with HubSpot.

Requirements - see below.  Feel free to reply with your data requests, addittions

There seems to be a need in the HubSpot community (including for TaraByte)  to integrate HubSpot with QuickBooks.

Synchronize all (or a subset of items)* between QB and HS

Synchronize all (or a subset of Companies)*, HS terminology with Customers, QB terminology.

When the default-primary contact changes in HubSpot update QuickBooks contact for that Customer as well.

*a rule, flag or choice can be created.

When a HubSpot deal is Closed-Won or !00% download into QuickBooks as a Sales Order

This can be a choice.  For our company not all invoices are driven by Sales Orders, so for TaraByte we would want all invoices to the Customer/Company to be posted back to HubSpot

Others may choose to have only the invoices created from the Sales Order to be posted back to HubSpot

TaraByte Would also want all payments, credit memos associated with the Customer-Company to be written back to HubSpot.

This would be optional for others.

0 Upvotes
ACASHGL

SOLVE

This list you have would cover our needs. We do not use TaraByte and will post payments in either HS or QBE. I had a call with Huble this morning and they are going to quote for custom development. If you have someone already working on this we would be very interested in collaborating and sharing the cost. 

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

SOLVE

That sounds like it would work for the majority of we're looking for. On our end, we also need a "won deal" to import into QuickBooks as an Estimate in real time including the customer information, company information, order details (skus, costs, etc.) so that it will automatically set up inventory and select the proper accounts and classifications. From everyone I've spoken with, they're able to do a once a day sync between HS and QBE and the cost for a real time sync was astronomical.

We are also hitting a road block as we were planning on using a more robust quoting platform (PandaDoc, which integrates with HS natively), but that won't sync with QBE either. For the amount of QBE users you would think they'd have an integration or QBC would actually be as robust as QBE at some point in time. We're now looking into other financial/erp software and/or freelance web developers but the cost is cumbersome and somewhat unknown because it's a ground up API. 😫

0 Upvotes
JTarazevits

SOLVE
Hi - Real time is probably not the correct goal. Most of our integrations are run on a schedule so the integration can be set to run every 10 minutes - for example and that is usually adequate.

I use QuoteWerks for our quoting. It integrates with both HubSpot and QuickBooks, so maybe that would be a good route for you as well.

I am available to brainstorm if you would like to do so.

Jeanne Tarazevits
CEO, Fishbowl & QuickBooks Expert
Tel: 949-645-1019 x 303Email: Jeanne@tarabyte.com
Upload your File
Schedule a Meeting
Please leave a review of your experience with us:
0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

SOLVE

We, too, use QuoteWerks for quoting with GoldMine being our current CRM.

We planned to move to HubSpot and PandaDoc to have cloudbased, faster operating systems but were unfortunately misled about the options with QBE. We're currently continuing our use of QuoteWerks with HubSpot and QBE as a "band-aid" for the time being but QW isn't an ideal solution for us. 

A 10 minute sync, or 30 minute for that matter, would be sufficient for us. The one company I found who could actually do what we were looking for offered multiple options for sync, but once you got closer to a real-time program the cost was exponential. 

0 Upvotes
JTarazevits

SOLVE

This may be a bit late, but I have in house developers and I am going to have them write a QuickBooks Desktop to HubSpot integration for our firm.  If you are still in need we could colaborate and include your requirements.  It would be nice to develop something turn key for the industry.

0 Upvotes
MRamberg
Contributor

SOLVE

We've been trying to find someone to do this integration for months and months. I've only been able to find one company that actually could build what we need and it was between $10k-$20k which is too large an investment for our side business at this point in time. Would love to hear how it ends up working out for you! 

0 Upvotes
KimFerris
Participant

SOLVE

Never too late... please keep us posted on your developments!!

0 Upvotes
ACASHGL

SOLVE

JimA, KChelsberg, have either of you had any luck with options for QBE and HS integration?

0 Upvotes
KChelsberg
Contributor

SOLVE

JimA, I see that you were attempting to connect QB Enterprise and Hubspot with an intention of 2-way synching.  Would you mind connecting with me to share your experiences?  many thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
darynsmith
Solution

SOLVE

@JimA Looks like a custom integration is the solution. I've checked online and there are PHP SDK's out there that appear to work with Quickbooks Desktop edition. So this does look possible. But this is not a standard easy API to API integration. You'll need to deploy code to your on-premise servers, worry about firewalls etc.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
AdamSand

SOLVE

I booked a meeting with MC too. Same issue. 

0 Upvotes
KChelsberg
Contributor

SOLVE
Nice. Maybe stay in touch and let’s see. How we make headway. We also cannot switch to QBO, since on desktop we use fixed asset Management, Bin Location, Sales Forecasting, which are features not offered in Quickbooks online.
0 Upvotes
JTarazevits

SOLVE

QBOnline is a few decades away from replicating QBES functionality

0 Upvotes