Sales Integrations

krjoly
Participant

Passing new leads to Salesforce and new contacts from an existing client

SOLVE

Currently, we only pass new MQLs from Hubspot to the Salesforce Lead object for our SDRs to follow-up with. However, I'm being asked to also pass new contacts from an existing client (e.g., a new contact from an existing client attends a webinar) to Salesforce as well. And leadership/marketing wants them passed as contacts, automatically created under the correct account in Salesforce. 

Is this possible? My understanding is Hubspot can only update/create Leads or Contacts but not both. If that's true, any workarounds? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @krjoly,

We were able to use selective sync from HubSpot to SalesForce and vice versa. Here is a guide using an inclusion list. It is important to be cognizant of integration rules to choose which CRM has the "Master" information. Example: If someone updates a mailing address in HubSpot and it syncs with SalesForce and SalesForce has the old mailing address on file, it will override the new address in HubSpot unless you specify HubSpot as the master in the integration settings, which can be done on a property-by-property basis. This is a Knowledgebase guide for more details. 

Feel free to reach out with any more questions or specifics!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @krjoly,

We were able to use selective sync from HubSpot to SalesForce and vice versa. Here is a guide using an inclusion list. It is important to be cognizant of integration rules to choose which CRM has the "Master" information. Example: If someone updates a mailing address in HubSpot and it syncs with SalesForce and SalesForce has the old mailing address on file, it will override the new address in HubSpot unless you specify HubSpot as the master in the integration settings, which can be done on a property-by-property basis. This is a Knowledgebase guide for more details. 

Feel free to reach out with any more questions or specifics!

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
krjoly
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @StefaniUAT I will see if we can make this work. It seems that the two "tools" (Selective Sync & the Inclusion List) need to be used together in order for passing our leads and new client contacts from Hubspot to Salesforce. Will using these together give the option of new contact creation in Salesforce, not just a field updates on existing contacts? 

Without Selective Sync, our Salesforce contacts do sync back to Hubspot already (e.g., Salesforce updates Hubspot). The issue is the other way around for us, when a new Hubspot contact (that is a contact from an existing client, not a lead) is created in Hubspot via some sort of marketing action (e.g., fills out a webinar form), a new contact is not created in Salesforce. 

Thanks, 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @krjoly 

Happy Thursday! I will tag some top experts here, @StefaniUAT@MeginVA@bradmin, what would you suggest to @krjoly question?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes