Sales Integrations

carlyejowens
Participant

Outlook Calendar Integration Issue - Time Zone is Incorrect

I have my Outlook calendar synced to HubSpot so people can book time on my calendar. Recently I noticed that the time zones on my calendar are coming through in Central America, rather than CST, even though both my Outlook and HubSpot accounts are set to CST. 

I noticed the issue because I got a confirmation email that said someone had booked time on my calendar at 12:00 PM CST, but it showed up on my calendar at 1:00 PM and was showing the Central America time zone. That is doubly confusing, because CST and Central America are the same time zone. 

6 Replies 6
amandanewman
Participant

Recently had this issue and eventually worked it out, so thought I'd share for anyone who is having the same issue as me. I know it won't be relevant for everyone, but it may be for someone.
For us - it was a daylight savings thing + how Hubspot presents timezones.

Our situation:
We created a Hubspot calendar for an event in Chicago, so we set it to the Central Standard Time (UTC -6) time zone, which is correct for Chicago.
We're based in the UK, so our Outlook calendars are set to (UTC -0).  However, because we're in daylight savings time, the integration between Hubspot and Outlook decided there was a 7 hour time difference, and prospects received a calendar invite 1 hour later than they should have done. Hubspot does not take into account that Chicago is also in daylight savings time if you set it to Central Standard Time (UTC -6).

Our solution:

The correct time zone to choose in the Hubspot calendar is Central Time (UTC -5). If you choose Central Time, Hubspot will adjust based on Daylight savings correctly. Indeed, when the confirmation comes through, it says the time zone is Central Daylight Time (even though it does not say this on the Hubspot calendar - it just presents as Central Time).

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @amandanewman hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Best, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
MSzu

I have this exact same problem!

Did you manage to fix it? I've checked and all my timezones are correct. Am going to try and disconnect and reconnect my outlook calendar and see if it helps...TBC

0 Upvotes
carlyejowens
Participant

No, I haven't managed to find a solution.

0 Upvotes
carlyejowens
Participant

Screenshot 2021-04-01 122500.pngScreenshot 2021-04-01 122550.pngScreenshot 2021-04-01 122656.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @carlyejowens, could you please provide us more details such as a screenshot of your timezone in your account, the timezone showed in your calendar and the time the meeting was incorrectly added.  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !