Sales Integrations

gio8888
Participant

Notifications question

SOLVE

I am still evaluating Hubspot so I'm using the free version. I understand that I have 200 limit on notifications. What I don't understand is that I disable the email tracking feature (except for emails I truly need to track) thinking that this is what counts in the limit but it seems that Hubspot notifies me of every single email. Is this the behavior as designed?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Notifications question

SOLVE

Hi @gio8888,

The extension Gmail and Outlook should only track and log emails that are checked as track and/or log. Emails sent from within HubSpot will always be tracked/logged.

A few things to note:

• A logged email means that it's logged into the HubSpot system, but not necessarily tracked. 
  • A tracked email means that you'll be notified when the recipient opens/clicks the email.
  • You can choose to log/track by default or to not log/track by default

Here's an article on the topic.

If in your email you are definitely not choosing to track specific emails but they are tracking anyways, you have a potentially different issue, but it would be good to verify these things first.

Good luck!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Josh
Solution

Notifications question

SOLVE

Hi @gio8888,

The extension Gmail and Outlook should only track and log emails that are checked as track and/or log. Emails sent from within HubSpot will always be tracked/logged.

A few things to note:

• A logged email means that it's logged into the HubSpot system, but not necessarily tracked. 
  • A tracked email means that you'll be notified when the recipient opens/clicks the email.
  • You can choose to log/track by default or to not log/track by default

Here's an article on the topic.

If in your email you are definitely not choosing to track specific emails but they are tracking anyways, you have a potentially different issue, but it would be good to verify these things first.

Good luck!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer