Sales Integrations

theDMM
Contributor

New Shopify Integration Missing Product URL Field Mapping

SOLVE

Context: Shopify is deprecating some API calls, so HubSpot updated its Shopify integration plugin.

Problem: The new integration does not have an available mapping for the product URL while the original integration did. Even with the Operations Hub Starter plan (which allows additional field mappings), the product URL field mapping is not available.

Question: How can I map the product URL for Shopify products to the URL field in HubSpot? 

Note: Please do not recommend solutions involving manual property creation in Shopify. We have over 20,000 products, requiring an automated solution. A suitable Shopify API webhook must exist to retrieve dynamically generated product URLs.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
theDMM
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The HubSpot product team managed to add the product URL field into the native integration last Friday. Have a great week!

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
himanshurauthan
Thought Leader | Elite Partner
Thought Leader | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey ,

Thanks for the mention. Unfortunately, the native integration does not support mapping the product URL to HubSpot. For now, it seems there is no way other than some 3rd party customization to support your use-case.

Digital Marketing & Inbound Expert In Growth Hacking Technology
theDMM
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

The HubSpot product team managed to add the product URL field into the native integration last Friday. Have a great week!

theDMM
Contributor

SOLVE

Below is a shortened update I received from the HubSpot support team regarding the issue:

"Thanks for your e-mail and these valuable insights!...

I have great news for you, thanks to all the feedback provided by customers like you, this feature was entered today as a priority on the backlog queue of the devs team, the last update received is that the feature is in planning, and they have an estimation that the feature would be released next week. Please note that this timeframe is provided according to the product team capabilities considering the high backlog of product update requests, and this would involve different tests to make sure that this new feature works as desired.

I hope you find this information helpful, I will keep you updated regarding this matter."

0 Upvotes
theDMM
Contributor

SOLVE

Here are some ideas for the HubSpot team to assess:

1) The developer team can potentially build product URLs this way - We can use the "handle" property available in the Shopify REST API. This "handle" is the unique identifier of a product and is included in its URL. We can combine this "handle" property with the domain property found in the Shopify shop object.

Here's how it would work:

I'm not sure HubSpot can combine properties like this? If not, just providing the "handle" from the API would be a huge step forward in this mapping.

2) I'm also a little confused as to why this process is taking so long because Shopify provides a list of available REST API hooks that the developers should be able to easily reference and determine if they can map it or not.

I hope the HubSpot support team can give feedback on this as soon as possible. I look forward to a resolution.

0 Upvotes
theDMM
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @BérangèreL ,
Did you happen to receive more news from the internal team regarding this aspect of the Shopify integration?

I believe this should be built-in to the integration.

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @theDMM,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and thanks for your valuable feedback!
I will share it internally.

I'd love to put you in touch with some of our Top Experts and some Community Members:
Hi @himanshurauthan, @LABGomez, @Emmanuelle and @danmoyle do you know of any automated solution to map the Product URL in the new Shopify integration, please?

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

danmoyle
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Thanks for the tag @BérangèreL. I don't have a readily available answer for you @theDMM but I'll see what I can find with colleagues. 

Is Zapier an option? Would that be able to pull the data and ush it into HubSpot? That's my one quick thought. 

If I learn more or find other ideas, I'll drop them here. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/
EV4

SOLVE

We are experiencing the same issue, this is a glaring error in the integration and more or less defeats the purpose of not being able to automatically promote a product from the world's largest ecommerce platform in Hubspot. Hubspot's dev team needs to fix this ASAP. This is a real problem.

theDMM
Contributor

SOLVE

Thank you for adding your comment here, it's surprising that the Shopify-HubSpot integration lacks these basic features that were once included in the old integration. This seems like a major oversight. I tried giving HubSpot support some guidance on how they can potentially map the field as well and have yet to hear back.

0 Upvotes
theDMM
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your reply @BérangèreL , I appreciate you notifying some experts to help with this request.

We've been manually filling in the product module in the email builder since switching to the newer integration, which is admittedly quite time-consuming and inefficient.

I believe the product (variant) URL should be included in the native HubSpot-Shopify integration plugin. I look forward to any additional contributions to this thread.