Sales Integrations

AGrabe
Miembro

Multiple business units and one salesforce instance

resolver

Hi all

My question is : we have multiple business units in Hubspot and one Salesforce instance.

Salesforce is already connected to one of the BUs but not to the second one. I have contacts flowing (with the selective sync HS->SF on). My question is : do I need to connect SF to the second BU or do I just utilize all the contacts created by the first SF connection? 

I dont want to double up the contacts nor double up the API calls either.

Any advice would be more than welcome

Thanks and regards

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @AGrabe I think you should connect to the same Salesforce instance. I'd suggest creating HubSpot custom property in contacts, deals, companies objects (Lead, Contact, Opportunities, Accounts in SFDC) and mapping it. This way, you'll be able to mark them as different business units. You'll be able to create automation rules & reports based on that custom property. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

LaurenRyan
Solución
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@AGrabe something to note on this is how you're going to manage unsubscribes. With both brands in one HubSpot account, an unsubscribe from one brand will impact your ability to send marketing emails from both brands. I recently implemented HubSpot for a Salesforce account managing two distinct brands under one parent with two separate HubSpot accounts to manage them separately.

As for Salesforce, I'd recommend dividing all records by Record Type (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opps, etc) and using RecordType for your selective sync user and then filter by that field in HubSpot.

If you have the option of contacts belonging to both brands, I'd recommend a third record type for that use case with the Sales Team A retaining the page layout for their brand and Sales Team B retaining the page layout for their brand even if it's the double record type.

Let me know if you want to chat more about this. My team specializes in the SF<>HS integration and it's all we do. So, we've pretty much seen it all!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
LaurenRyan
Solución

resolver

@AGrabe something to note on this is how you're going to manage unsubscribes. With both brands in one HubSpot account, an unsubscribe from one brand will impact your ability to send marketing emails from both brands. I recently implemented HubSpot for a Salesforce account managing two distinct brands under one parent with two separate HubSpot accounts to manage them separately.

As for Salesforce, I'd recommend dividing all records by Record Type (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opps, etc) and using RecordType for your selective sync user and then filter by that field in HubSpot.

If you have the option of contacts belonging to both brands, I'd recommend a third record type for that use case with the Sales Team A retaining the page layout for their brand and Sales Team B retaining the page layout for their brand even if it's the double record type.

Let me know if you want to chat more about this. My team specializes in the SF<>HS integration and it's all we do. So, we've pretty much seen it all!

Smtigue23
Miembro

resolver

Hey Lauren, 

I'm actually working on a very similar project and would love to chat with you if possible about the issue we are having to see if you might have encountered something similar? You can reach me at sean.tigue@partnerize.com or respond to this thread. TY in advance.

0 Me gusta
AGrabe
Miembro

resolver

That's great - could we schedule a call for first week of November, as I would be keen to hear about the solution and recommended approach

Thanks for your response here

0 Me gusta
Aakar
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @AGrabe 

I do not completely understand your situation, however, it'd be possible to connect your different business units with the same SFDC. According to HubSpot, If your HubSpot-Salesforce connector is version 2.60 or above, you can integrate multiple HubSpot accounts with one Salesforce environment.

Thanks, @PamCotton for the tag.

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
AGrabe
Miembro

resolver

Thanks Aakar - I know I can but the question is, should I though 🙂

Let me explain in more detail

We have two business units in Hubspot that will cover two different brands. On the other end I will have one Salesforce instance with two different sales teams for two brands. The question is should I connect the same salesforce instance or do I just make up with worfklows in Hubspot that certain contacts land in the correct Business Unit

Does that help a bit (or makes my questions a tad clearer)? My original thought was that I shouldnt be connecting it but you guys do know more and been through plenty more scenarios 🙂

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

0 Me gusta
Aakar
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi @AGrabe I think you should connect to the same Salesforce instance. I'd suggest creating HubSpot custom property in contacts, deals, companies objects (Lead, Contact, Opportunities, Accounts in SFDC) and mapping it. This way, you'll be able to mark them as different business units. You'll be able to create automation rules & reports based on that custom property. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
AGrabe
Miembro

resolver

Hmm, okay - I need to divide the records in Salesforce anyway with custom fields (as I will have two different supports here) so though would be easier to do it this way as in route them to the right business unit based on the custom value. My worry here is that the records from the second SF connection (from the same instance) will be doubling up

Thanks for the response

0 Me gusta
PamCotton
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hello @AGrabe, great question! Let me invite a few top experts to share their thoughts, @StefaniUAT @LaurenRyan @Aakar any suggestions to @AGrabe?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta