Sales Integrations

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Merging HubSpot company records with HubSpot / Salesforce integration

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

With the Salesforce integration installed, company records cannot merged in HubSpot (Menu > Companies > Actions > Manage duplicates).

"Merging companies isn't available while the Salesforce integration is installed. You can still review companies to see their properties."

There's an Insycle blog post that confirms that this is not possible: Deduplicating Companies from HubSpot

What's the best way to deal with company record duplicates in HubSpot? Which options are there to consolidate duplicates?

Thanks in advance!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler

I can help with this query!

That's correct, it's currently not possible to merge companies in HubSpot if the Salesforce integration is installed. This is the latest update from our product team: 

"Right now we do not pass deletes from HubSpot into Salesforce for security reasons. If we allowed companies to merge in HubSpot this would break the sync for companies/ accounts because we do not pass that delete. For now, we are not prioritizing this but as HubSpot becomes the source of truth for more of our customers it's likely we will figure out how to pass company merges into Salesforce." 

You can check this Ideas forum thread for more information.

We do, however, have documentation available that explains the recommended steps to clean up duplicates, you can access it here: https://hubs.ly/Q01gG4Kz0 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Viele Grüße,

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Danke @MiaSrebrnjak!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MiaSrebrnjak
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler

I can help with this query!

That's correct, it's currently not possible to merge companies in HubSpot if the Salesforce integration is installed. This is the latest update from our product team: 

"Right now we do not pass deletes from HubSpot into Salesforce for security reasons. If we allowed companies to merge in HubSpot this would break the sync for companies/ accounts because we do not pass that delete. For now, we are not prioritizing this but as HubSpot becomes the source of truth for more of our customers it's likely we will figure out how to pass company merges into Salesforce." 

You can check this Ideas forum thread for more information.

We do, however, have documentation available that explains the recommended steps to clean up duplicates, you can access it here: https://hubs.ly/Q01gG4Kz0 

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Viele Grüße,

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings