Sales Integrations

EEnglish3
Contributor

Mapping the Salesforce 'Address' field type

SOLVE

We're trying to map several essential fields from our Salesforce into Hubspot - Billing Address is one. We've tried mapping it to Single-line text and Multi-line text field types in Hubspot, but we keep getting a warning saying those Hubspot field types aren't compatible with the Salesforce field type Address

Are there any Hubspot field types that are compatible with Salesforce's Address field type? If not, are there any workarounds people are using for this?

Thanks in advance! 👍

1 Accepted solution
TrujayJay
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@EEnglish3 Ah, got it! You'll instead want to map the Billing Address 'parts', like "Billing City", etc. I don't believe you can migrate the multi-line address field across to HubSpot since the 'address' field type is unique to SF.

I'm curious if the address parts (city, state, etc.) are populated automatically from the Billing Address field? If so, I would map the individual parts of the address, and then you can still pull them all together if you need it for mailings, etc.

The bigger issue here might be that the 'Address' type in SF is read-only, so it doesn't play well with integrations. That might be why HS doesn't allow that data to sync across.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
TrujayJay

SOLVE

Anytime, @EEnglish3! No, you can't do that from within HubSpot. And if you want the data to sync bi-directionally, then you'd want to keep the parts separated.

What's the use case for wanting all of the parts of the address to be consolidated? Maybe there are some other workarounds that we can explore.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
0 Upvotes
EEnglish3
Contributor

SOLVE

@TrujayJay, gotcha. No worries, it was really just so we could have undifferentiated data and visibility in both platforms (and selfishly, to consolidate multiple fields for less cluttered customized record views, fewer fields to mess with for personalization, etc. 😅). I appreciate your help though!

0 Upvotes
TrujayJay
Solution

SOLVE

@EEnglish3 Ah, got it! You'll instead want to map the Billing Address 'parts', like "Billing City", etc. I don't believe you can migrate the multi-line address field across to HubSpot since the 'address' field type is unique to SF.

I'm curious if the address parts (city, state, etc.) are populated automatically from the Billing Address field? If so, I would map the individual parts of the address, and then you can still pull them all together if you need it for mailings, etc.

The bigger issue here might be that the 'Address' type in SF is read-only, so it doesn't play well with integrations. That might be why HS doesn't allow that data to sync across.

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
EEnglish3
Contributor

SOLVE

Got it, thanks @TrujayJay! Is there a way to pull the individual parts of the address together to create one field? 

0 Upvotes
TrujayJay

SOLVE

Hi @EEnglish3 ! Are you trying to map the Billing Address to custom fields in HS, or are you trying to map to the native Street Address, City, etc. fields in HS?

Out of the box, the address mappings should already be configured as part of the Standard mappings. If you're trying to map to custom fields, you may receive a warning but this doesn't necessarily mean that the mappings won't work. The mapping interface will caution you that there *may* be issues with incompatible fields, but it's quite likely that the mappings will still work.

If you have a screenshot of a mapping with a warning, that may help too! (Also, if you want to jump on a screenshare to walk through it, I'm happy to help. jay@trujay.com )

Trujay | Noah Hendricks
EEnglish3
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the quick reply, @TrujayJay! We're trying to map the Billing Address in Salesforce (which is an Address field/data type)  to a Multi-Line field type in Hubspot. But due to the type mismatch, the mapping isn't working (see below).

In Salesforce, the address field just retrieves data from several other single-line text fields related to the billing address (Billing Street, State, Zip, etc.), and combines them to create one Billing Address field. We have each of those single-line text fields mapped to Hubspot, but rather than list all the fields separately, we'd like to have one Billing Address field like we do in Salesforce. So, my questions are: 

1. Is that possible?
  2. If not, is there a compatible field type in Hubspot for an Address field type in Salesforce?

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 12.58.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 12.57.34 PM.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @EEnglish3, Happy Monday.

I wanted to invite to this conversation some of our top experts, @bradmin@ScotTrumeter@Josh any recommendations to @EEnglish3?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !