Lost Data

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, I am self-employed and talked a company into having Hubspot. They are great with computers so set it up and I spent the last six months, updating imported list from excel, added new prospects etc etc. They ended my contract and changed my password. i.e. I can no longer log-in to that account. 

Q1 - Is all that work just gone forever?

Q2 - I now have my OWN website and Hubspot Free CRM (Now nobody can take my work away!) - Can I set-up groups of contacts/companies for a selected company I work for? And create / print reports for update/progress meetings?  NOTE: I'm self-employed and have partnerships with a number of companies, any contacts, sales, enquiries etc for that company I want a property that names that partner company. It's like I sell with many hats; advertising, print, lone worker devices. I am somewhat new to Hubspot, a quick reference guide to print would be great!! (hopefully not 100 pages). Thanking you in advance! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @LorasOffice,

If you have a contract with a company my recommendation would be to gather the data you need before the contract expires, or partner with the company to get the information.

In regards to your question about setting up groups, are you looking to be able manage external portals from within your own portal? If you can share more about your end goal, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

I have figured out that all the data I input for that company is gone. Good news is I kept my notes. Now, I have my own website and Hubspot account. I am a self-employed consultant, so I have a number of clients I do work for. I understand I can filter the contacts by using the 'Type of customer' and 'Industry'. But one large company I work for will need access to the contacts/companies I create in working for them. I expect to remain as Administrator and set them up as users/sales team but will that then give them access to all contacts?

I haven't really got time to watch all the videos in the Academy and I have been using Hubspot for over a year now. So I'm not completely a novice and computer literate. How can I download and print a quick reference user guide? Everywhere I've looked is so long winded, loads of pics/graphics... I'm beginning to think I have to create it myself and that would be quite time consuming. CAN YOU PLEASE OR ANYONE HELP!! Kind regards and huge thanks if you can help!! Lora

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @LorasOffice,

One solution may be to download the transcripts from Academy videos that you don't want to watch.

The Academy and Knowledge base are the best resources for technical guides, and if you are looking to connect with other users or see how others are using HubSpot, you can ask and browse in the Community. 

Thank you,

Jenny 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes