Sales Integrations

creativecoop

Live chat Slack integration - Replies not working

SOLVE

I am having an issue with the live chat slack integration.

I have followed the documentation and I am recieveing notifications of new messages within slack however I cannot reply. Any messages sent from slack do not appear in the live chat.

1 Accepted solution
michaelyhma
Solution

SOLVE

Hi! We figured it out from the HubSpot Help Chatbox. To create an inbox that maps onto Slack, we need to upgrade to a paid subscription. We're loving the free account as it is, so we'll stick with this for now. Thank you so much! 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
21 Replies 21
sixsteps
Participant

SOLVE

Jumping in here because I'm having a slightly different but connected issue. Is there different expected behavior from a chat channel of an inbox versus an email channel of an inbox as they connect and post to Slack?

I ask because chat channels (live chat and FB messenger) work as expected for me via slack. I can receive and respond accordingly. Works like magic (as I would want it to). But the connected emails to the same inbox, however, are not posting to the same slack channel as expected. I'm receiving a notification of the conversation in Slack via the connected Hubspot app but it's not in the slack channel if that makes sense.

Is this expected behavior?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sixsteps 

Thank you for reaching out!

This is not available at the moment, but I'd recommend upvoting this idea as well as subscribing to it as it's currently being reviewed by the Product Team! You'll then be notified when there is a change of status for this. 

Best,

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

sixsteps
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, @tipu! I clearly missed those fine details in my excitement to get this functionality launched for our team! 🙂

I upvoted and added my 2 cents.

Aadyasha

SOLVE

Hey creativecoop, first Install Slack icon, and then you’ll be redirected to Slack where you’ll need to connect your Slack URL for authentication. Once logged in, click “Authorize” to grant Hubspot access to send messages to Slack.

Being a user of Acquire, the software has slack integrated with it. And I have followed the steps above. I hope you find this useful.

0 Upvotes
okuser

SOLVE

I have the same issue. I integrated Slack and authorized access to the account. Added the HubSpot bot to the live-chat channel in Slack. I receive the notifications from the chat immediately but my responses from Slack do not show up in the chat.  Any suggestions?

I tried removing the Hubspot app from Slack and re-enabling it, which di not solve the problem. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @okuser,

Can you please confirm that you are claiming the conversation before responding? As outlined in this article, "f you're assigned a conversation before you've mapped your HubSpot user email to your Slack user email, you must claim the HubSpot user identity in Slack by clicking Claim [user email address] before sending replies. " 

For more information, I wanted to share this resource.

If you are going through these steps and still stuck, can you please send along (through a direct message) a video of what you are experiencing? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
webhead

SOLVE

I am trying to do this for a new user of ours, but he's not gotten any emails asking to do this and when logged into his Hubspot sees no modal...hmm.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @webhead 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Can you clarify what steps exactly you're trying to follow and where you're running into an issue? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

webhead

SOLVE

Invite was sent to a Slack user but Hubspot had a different email address than their Slack user email address.

User was never shown the /!\ alert to sync the two accounts in Hubspot, nor never got the email asking to do so.

Ended up just having the Hubspot email address changed to match the Slack user email address.

0 Upvotes
ichpen

SOLVE

I'm having consistent issues with this also. I've disconnected/reconnected multiple times. Right now it's saying my email addys are different (between slack and HS). In spite of this I did not receive an email as per HS docs and in HS it shows my correct slack email address for the integration. No warnings nothing.

Nothing coming across from HS to slack at all (not within the app nor in any channel).

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ichpen,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please share screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

The more information, screenshots and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
ichpen

SOLVE

There's simply no communication between HS and Slack.

HS -> Slack HS Bot - nothing

Slack -> HS - email mismatch but I did not receive an email asking me to link my accounts (as per your docs) and my Slack email is correctly showing under integrations in the HS tab.

So nothing works.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @ichpen,

Have you tried having other users set up the integration to see if that connects their correct email address? 

If the email address isn't mapped to the correct email address, that is likely what is causing the disconnect. 

If other users are experiencing the issue, can you please send along (either through here or direct message) screenshots of what you are seeing in HubSpot for the integration, as well as the correct email address it should be linking to? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
michaelyhma

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I'm confused by the "mapping" part of the suggestion. At no point do I need to verify any email addresses.

Text from our website is sent into our Slack channel. But we are unable to reply to the thread. And we're unable to receive attachments. 

Help!

0 Upvotes
tim-a17

SOLVE

We get the reply to the thread but no attachments either.  Is this expected?  Thanks!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @tim-a17 

To confirm, are you referring to use the slack integration to send attachments when replying to a chat? If so, this is not currently supported within HubSpot.

If you would like for this functionality to exist I would recommend posting this on our HubSpot Ideas Forum. This is where our Product team goes to receive feedback from our customers and also allows for other users to up-vote and comment on your idea.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
tim-a17

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Yes that's what I was referring to.  Thanks we'll check ou tthe Ideas Forum.

Tim

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @michaelyhma,

The mapping is for when your email address does not match your HubSpot email address. As outlined in this articleIf your HubSpot user email doesn't match your Slack user email, you'll receive an email and an in-app notification to Map your HubSpot user's email address to your Slack user when HubSpot attempts to push a notification to Slack.

If the email addresses are the same, can you please provide screenshots of the settings you have? Otherwise please reference the article above for how to set up the integration.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
michaelyhma
Solution

SOLVE

Hi! We figured it out from the HubSpot Help Chatbox. To create an inbox that maps onto Slack, we need to upgrade to a paid subscription. We're loving the free account as it is, so we'll stick with this for now. Thank you so much! 

0 Upvotes
sosaucily
Participant

SOLVE

I was able to get website chat replies working from Slack using free accounts. Needed to map email addresses as the community manager below mentioned @jennysowyrda . The email didn't appear in my inbox, I had to search for it. But that process got it working perfectly. Thanks!

0 Upvotes