Sales Integrations

sarasedano22

Killing the sync between Salesforce and HubSpot

SOLVE

Hi there! 

We are looking to kill the sync between Salesforce and HubSpot as we are fully migrating to HubSpot as our CRM. Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any insight into what happens to the pipeline when you kill the sync between the two? Any tips on this front? I'd love to hear the good the bad any the ugly of what to look/prepare for. Thank you amazing HubSpot Community!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I stopped the sync from Salesforce to HubSpot a few months ago. There is a certain cadence in which to do it. (Instructions).I backed up all SF and Hub data on the cloud before doing so, in case there were any issues and I needede to import/upsert/restore. Killing the sync did not mess anything up for us with contacts, deals, companies, pipelines, etc. The main issue I encountered was HubSpot deactivating Salesforce only users. However, they send you a list right away so you can re-assign everything before they deactivate the account. (I believe they were deactivated 24-48 hours later) Nothing (like tasks, deals, etc.) deletes, it just becomes unassigned. 

However, my best advice is to pause the sync for at least 3 weeks before deleting the sync. I ran into a multitude of issues once pausing the sync and was able to handle them before completetly deleting the sync. Hope this helps! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

I stopped the sync from Salesforce to HubSpot a few months ago. There is a certain cadence in which to do it. (Instructions).I backed up all SF and Hub data on the cloud before doing so, in case there were any issues and I needede to import/upsert/restore. Killing the sync did not mess anything up for us with contacts, deals, companies, pipelines, etc. The main issue I encountered was HubSpot deactivating Salesforce only users. However, they send you a list right away so you can re-assign everything before they deactivate the account. (I believe they were deactivated 24-48 hours later) Nothing (like tasks, deals, etc.) deletes, it just becomes unassigned. 

However, my best advice is to pause the sync for at least 3 weeks before deleting the sync. I ran into a multitude of issues once pausing the sync and was able to handle them before completetly deleting the sync. Hope this helps! 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect