Sales Integrations

BFW
Participante

Join.me integration

resolver
Hi! I have a couple of questions regarding the join.me integration.

We have just tested out the join.me integration for the first time, but I'm not sure if it's working properly. We signed into our join.me account, however when we schedule a join.me meeting, it doesn't seem to create the meeting in our account. Then, when we start the meeting, instead of using our account, it seems to use a random account.

We are using the CRM, Sales and Marketing Free

I tested this from a Sales contact and I followed these instructions: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/integrations/how-to-use-the-join-me-integration-i...

My assumption is that this is not how the integration is meant to act or else I don't see the need to log into my own join.me account.

Could you explain to me how it is meant to work? 
1) is it meant to create the meeting in our join.me account?
2) is it meant to start the meeting from our join.me account?
3) is it meant to email the invitation from join.me once the meeting is created as it normally does when we create a meeting directly in join.me? We were only given the opportunity to email the join.me details once we started the meeting. It is important for us to send this information in advance and not once the meeting is started.

Thank you!
Beth
0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Join.me integration

resolver

Hombre muy feliz 

@BFW I've just heard back from the team. As I suspected, all of the above is indeed expected: right now, the join.me integration is very simple. When you have a meeting booked with a contact in the CRM, you have the option to start a join.me from the meeting. Starting a join.me will start a new join.me meeting, and will not invite the user. It's basically a shortcut for starting a fresh join.me.

Again, I definitely agree that we could make improvements to the integration, so please do submit it as an idea if you get the chance! Thanks so much for your patience, and have a lovely day!

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
jwright
Participante

Join.me integration

resolver

So... I just wanted to comment on this.  

I am not sure that HubSpot is aware that there is literally no use for the integration that was built. It seems to have been built without a full understanding of either how join.me or meetings work. 

The custom link that is created is a temporary link.  It cannot be sent ahead of time, even manually, to a prospect because there is no way to retrieve it without starting the meeting.  This of coarse invalidates the link making it useless. 

Join.me custom links are not even how your supposed to create meetings.  Join.me uses a singular meeting link for most meetings. 

Anyway... my problem isn't that it's a bad integration... my problem is that it is such a featured integration.  I suggested my sales team start using join.me becasue I saw that HubSpot had a default "create a join.me" button.  Unlike other integrations which seem to be third-party... this seemed to me to indicate that HubSpot was endorsing and directly integrating with Join.Me. 

Now I have a sales team using a solution that does not integrate at all with HubSpot. 

This should be addressed.  You should build a real integration to help people like me who are now stuck using join.me and you should remove the link from accounts who have not installed the integration.

I am surprised that this even made it live... is nobody beta testing these releases for you?  

This really messed me up and I am very disapointed.  

MayPascaud
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Join.me integration

resolver

Hi @BFW, thanks for posting! There are a couple of things here:

- When you say that creating a new join.me meeting doesn't seem to launch said meeting into the correct account, could you clarify? Indeed, once you've connected your account, starting a meeting from a contact record should allow you to create said meeting in your Join.me account. So that would be a yes to your questions 1) and 2).

- On question 3), the current expected behaviour is indeed for you to send out an invitation once the meeting is created. Because the integration is fairly new, this is its current core functionality. However, I definitely hear you on wanting to send out meeting details prior to said meetings, and would encourage you to post about this on our Ideas board right here in the community - this is a great way for our product team to get a feel for the features that our customers would like to see in the product.

Let me know if you have any questions! -May

BFW
Participante

Join.me integration

resolver

Thank you for your response!  I will definitely share the idea.  

To clarify on my question regarding creating a join.me meeting, here is what I would expect to happen, but not what I experience:

After I have clicked to create a join.me meeting, I would expect that the meeting show up in my join.me account under the schedule meetings. 

Once I click to start the join.me meeting, I would also expect that it hosts the meeting from my join.me account.  I.e. I should see: join.me/bigwinginteractive, rather than join.me/529-127-709 (for example).

What is the purpose of logging into my account if it is not actually using my account as far as I can tell? Any thoughts? Do I have this set up incorrectly?

0 Me gusta
MayPascaud
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Join.me integration

resolver

@BFW just so you don't think I'm ignoring you, I've reached out to the team in charge of the join.me integration to get some clarification on its intended functionality. I will report back when I hear from them, thanks for your patience!

0 Me gusta
BFW
Participante

Join.me integration

resolver

Thank you @MayPascaud! You rock!

0 Me gusta
MayPascaud
Solución
Exmiembro de HubSpot
Exmiembro de HubSpot

Join.me integration

resolver

Hombre muy feliz 

@BFW I've just heard back from the team. As I suspected, all of the above is indeed expected: right now, the join.me integration is very simple. When you have a meeting booked with a contact in the CRM, you have the option to start a join.me from the meeting. Starting a join.me will start a new join.me meeting, and will not invite the user. It's basically a shortcut for starting a fresh join.me.

Again, I definitely agree that we could make improvements to the integration, so please do submit it as an idea if you get the chance! Thanks so much for your patience, and have a lovely day!

BFW
Participante

Join.me integration

resolver

Thank you again for looking into this and clarifying what the current expectations are.  I will definitely submit my feedback as this could be a very helpful tool as it develops.

0 Me gusta