Sales Integrations

val_spot_on
Participant

Is there any best way to sync LinkedIn (NOT Sales Navigator) and Instagram data to HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hello everyone! I've been researching solutions on the market to add LinkedIn/Instagram contacts and messages into HubSpot, but I couldn't find any solution on marketplace. So I searched outside of the platform and found HubLead for LinkedIn but I'm not sure if it's safe to integrate it plus if it's the best solution. I couldn't find anything for Instagram. If you could advice me some solutions or best practices you use to adjust process of data collected from these 2 platforms, I would be extremely greatful!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is there any best way to sync LinkedIn (NOT Sales Navigator) and Instagram data to HubSpot?

SOLVE

Hi @val_spot_on,

As far as I know, there aren't any solutions that comply with both LinkedIn/Instagram terms of services and HubSpot terms of services that would let you sync contacts or messages. The platforms want to keep users where they can guide and control them, so some functionalities are simply not available via API. You might find tools that offer this but as you have already noticed, some of these are sketchy or operate in a gray (or dark-gray bordering to black) area.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@val_spot_on Both HubLead and Surfe have different options for syncing LinkedIn with HubSpot, they both have their pros and cons - I highly recommend a demo to review the functionality and ask questions about your specific needs.

I'm not aware of an integration for Instagram, there is a Messenger API for Instagram that would allow a developer to connect Instagram to a channel - what I'm unsure of, is whether that could be direct to the HubSpot Inbox or if it would need to be via a custom CRM card on the contact record and how those messages would identify the corresponding contact, etc. There's a lot of complexity around it, the better option would be to submit a feature request in the ideas discussion here for the HubSpot team to connect Instagram to the Inbox via the API so the heavy lifting is done.

It can take a lot of time for ideas to gain traction, happy to upvote if you share the link back here.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@val_spot_on Both HubLead and Surfe have different options for syncing LinkedIn with HubSpot, they both have their pros and cons - I highly recommend a demo to review the functionality and ask questions about your specific needs.

I'm not aware of an integration for Instagram, there is a Messenger API for Instagram that would allow a developer to connect Instagram to a channel - what I'm unsure of, is whether that could be direct to the HubSpot Inbox or if it would need to be via a custom CRM card on the contact record and how those messages would identify the corresponding contact, etc. There's a lot of complexity around it, the better option would be to submit a feature request in the ideas discussion here for the HubSpot team to connect Instagram to the Inbox via the API so the heavy lifting is done.

It can take a lot of time for ideas to gain traction, happy to upvote if you share the link back here.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @val_spot_on,

As far as I know, there aren't any solutions that comply with both LinkedIn/Instagram terms of services and HubSpot terms of services that would let you sync contacts or messages. The platforms want to keep users where they can guide and control them, so some functionalities are simply not available via API. You might find tools that offer this but as you have already noticed, some of these are sketchy or operate in a gray (or dark-gray bordering to black) area.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes