Integration with Alegra

Occasional Contributor

Hi community, I was wondering whether it is possible to integrate the HubSpot with Alegra. Although I have linked these two application through Zapier, the emails that I have sent on Alegra do not show in the timeline in HubSpot. Do I have to create a new account with the email address that is used in Alegra? Thank you.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies
Esteemed Advisor

Hi, @BibiArdila. With Zapier, you're limited to the starting and ending actions for each tool. It doesn't look like sending an email serves as a trigger for an Alegra-HubSpot zap, so nothing would be able to happen (nor can it be configured so that anything would happen). It also doesn't look like this is an option when trying to integrate Alegra and HubSpot CRM.

Brad Mampe, Currently In Between Realities
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
Occasional Contributor

Hi, @bradmin Thank you for answering my question. I understand that the integration between Alegra and HubSpot is not optional. On my Zapier, I have created a Zap, and it says that it will automagically check for my Alegra contacts and will create or upgrade contacts in the HubSpot. However, I did not see any integration between them even though I thought that I had connected two accounts.  Could you find out the reason or is it impossible to integrate these two fundamentally? Thank you very much.

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

That second use case sounds different than what you originally asked about, which was looking for a trigger based off of an email. There was no trigger or action that corresponds with that, so that's not anything you'd be able to build into a zap. 

As for contact updates, I'm not certain how to proceed, as I haven't used Alegra, nor do I know what your configuration looks like. But if the trigger in the zap is a create or update of an Alegra contact, creating or updating a HubSpot contact, you'll want to go through successful/unsuccessful zaps to see what is (or isn't) getting zapped between the two systems.

Brad Mampe, Currently In Between Realities
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi @BibiArdila 

I have checked the API documentation for Alegra here: https://developer.alegra.com/

There does not seem to be a API call that can be made to Alegra to get emails sent from the platform.

If there was one, then you would simply need to write and host a script that polls that Alegra API every few minutes and then pushes anything found, into the HubSpot Timeline API.

Agree with @bradmin - not something that can be done with a drag and drop style integration tool like Zapier though. 

If you check with Alegra if there is an API to get the emails sent that is not published in their API document, I'm happy to get our development team to take a look at it and let you know how to do it - just email me daryn.smith@mpull.com with the API doc.

0 Upvotes