Sales Integrations

lmatheis
Participant

Integration of HubSpot with ERP

SOLVE

Has anyone integrated HubSpot with Global Shop?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
johnelmer
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@lmatheis @PamCotton  While we have not built an integration with Global Shop, I thought it might be helpful to share a brief assessment tool that we use when looking at a potential ERP integration project. 

Q&A for integrating HubSpot with an ERP 

1. What is the objective for integrating data with HubSpot?
    1. Example use case: Pulling historical invoicing data into HubSpot for sales reps to view
    2. Example use case: Pulling historical invoicing data into HubSpot for integrated reporting
      • A cheaper, faster option for integrated reporting is using BI software such as Tableau or Power BI as the integration layer for data visualization and reporting.
  2. What is the exact name of the ERP software to be integrated with HubSpot? 
    1. If applicable, what version of the software is being used? If the customer is on an older version of the platform, they may need to upgrade before building the integration.
    2. Does the client have a consultant they work with on customizing and managing their ERP? This will be essential for building a successful custom integration (should that be required).
  3. Is the ERP software to be integrated with HubSpot installed on-premise (a local network server) or it is cloud-based?
    1. On-premise hosting (a frequent situation for older versions of many ERP systems) may require implementing software for syncing the local data to a cloud repository with API access.
      • Skyvia Agent is one example of software that syncs on-premise databases to the cloud. Some ERP systems offer their own solution for syncing on prem to cloud.
  4. Does an iPaaS provider offer a prebuilt integration?
    1. IPaaS means Integration Platform as a Service.  (Zapier is not an IPaaS). There are numerous IPaaS options available. This blog post from HubSpot describes 22 of them.

If there is no Operations Hub Data Sync and no IPaaS solution available for the desired integration, then it's time to look at the option of building a custom integration.

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Ezra_Wilson
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@lmatheis Hope you're well! Looking at Global Shop themselves, they seem to indicate that they could integrate with HubSpot semi-natively, but I'm not sure how much I'd take that at face value. May just be a lead-gen tactic. Their technical documentation seems rather opaque at best, and semi non-existent at worst, so it may pose a bit of a challenge. I wish you good luck with trying to find a way through! We've worked with ERPs in the past and integrated them with HS, so if you ever need some advice on the HS side, feel free to reach out

----
Ezra Wilson
Head of Project Delivery - Attacat
HubSpot Diamond Partner
0 Upvotes
lmatheis
Participant

SOLVE
I feel the same, so I actually requested a reference and they have provided me one. We'll see.
0 Upvotes
DMA
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi, 

thanks Pam for introduction. 
I've looked at Global Shop ERP website and I think we can integrate HubSpot and Global Shop if installed  on-premises. 

Infact ERP Bridge can easily syncs customer data between HubSpot CRM and every on-premises apps or ERPs.

Feel free to book a slot for the demo using this link:

During our meeting together, we will:
  • understand your needs
  • explore ERP Bridge solutions that can help you meet your goals,
  • dive into ERP Bridge features,
  • do a tailored product walkthrough to discuss possible customizations
  • and finally get you an overview of our pricing plans - and find out which one is the right fit for you.
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best
Francesco
CRM Projects | DevOps | System integration | B2B Marketing
johnelmer
Solution

SOLVE

@lmatheis @PamCotton  While we have not built an integration with Global Shop, I thought it might be helpful to share a brief assessment tool that we use when looking at a potential ERP integration project. 

Q&A for integrating HubSpot with an ERP 

1. What is the objective for integrating data with HubSpot?
    1. Example use case: Pulling historical invoicing data into HubSpot for sales reps to view
    2. Example use case: Pulling historical invoicing data into HubSpot for integrated reporting
      • A cheaper, faster option for integrated reporting is using BI software such as Tableau or Power BI as the integration layer for data visualization and reporting.
  2. What is the exact name of the ERP software to be integrated with HubSpot? 
    1. If applicable, what version of the software is being used? If the customer is on an older version of the platform, they may need to upgrade before building the integration.
    2. Does the client have a consultant they work with on customizing and managing their ERP? This will be essential for building a successful custom integration (should that be required).
  3. Is the ERP software to be integrated with HubSpot installed on-premise (a local network server) or it is cloud-based?
    1. On-premise hosting (a frequent situation for older versions of many ERP systems) may require implementing software for syncing the local data to a cloud repository with API access.
      • Skyvia Agent is one example of software that syncs on-premise databases to the cloud. Some ERP systems offer their own solution for syncing on prem to cloud.
  4. Does an iPaaS provider offer a prebuilt integration?
    1. IPaaS means Integration Platform as a Service.  (Zapier is not an IPaaS). There are numerous IPaaS options available. This blog post from HubSpot describes 22 of them.

If there is no Operations Hub Data Sync and no IPaaS solution available for the desired integration, then it's time to look at the option of building a custom integration.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
> Follow me on LinkedIn
lmatheis
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the above!  The idea is for sales and marketing to track all deals through the marketing and sales cycle--ROI.  Do this in one location.  HS is very user and mobile friendly for sales to use.  But we want to tie it to the deals in the GSS ERP systems so we do not have to manually enter deals also in HS.  Avoid duplicate work.

johnelmer

SOLVE

@lmatheis We also find that custom objects are usually required when integrating with ERP systems.  So add that to the Q&A!  

IMHO, a quote of $24k to integrate GSS and HS is reasonable. The hard part is likely to be on the GSS side.  If you go that route and need a technical consultant on the HubSpot side who can answer their questions about HubSpot APIs and custom objects, we can assist.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @lmatheis 

I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get information about the Global Shop APIs.

After a few months both the client and I decided to quit while we were behind because nobody from Global Shop would get back to us.

Very disappointing.

Mike

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @lmatheis Happy Friday!

Do you have a specific question about this integration?  The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Adding our top experts to this conversation :

@Mike_Eastwood @DMA any recommendations?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

lmatheis
Participant

SOLVE

Hey!  Thank you for responding.  We are reviewing the costs of using HS and integrating with our ERP, Global Shop vs. Using the Global Shop CRM.  The pricing GS provided is $200/hour and they say in past projects has run anywhere from $4,000 to $24,000.  Wide range.  I am wondering how well the integration process worked or went smoothly or if it was a headache. Do the two together do indeed work well?  Valuable.

0 Upvotes