Integration API

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am not sure if I am heading the right direction and would appreciate if someone will clear this for me.

I want to use my shopify inventory to sell digital products on my store on a third party website, they recently introduced API Integration and I got access to use it. I am at a point right now where I am told: 1)Here are your API Credentials, 2)Use your CRM system/software to implement this function 'which is basically importing my product' using this documentation.., also a copy of OpenAPI specification.

Where do I start with this? Is this something complicated if I've never done it before? If someone could guide me with this, I can definitely do my searches and work it out if possible.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hey @mobsky,

I think we need some more information here:

1. What is the integration you're looking to connect to HubSpot? 

2. Do you have any api experience

3. How are you looking for the Community to help? Do you need someone to do it for you (for hire) or are you looking for tips to get started? 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply Jetta,

I have no experience with api.

I have a store on shopify, I also have a store on a market similar to ebay; they introduced api integration whether to export or import your products.

I want to import my products from my shopify inventory, after I got access to api credentials I was told there is no app or plugin for that, instead I am suppose to use a 'CRM' software/system to implement this feature using a documentation that I have, there are 4 sections that start with "Authentication". I chose to install hubspot from shopify's app store but at this point I have no idea where to start with this.

To be honest, I thought it's a thing where you can copy/paste of the document and maybe a little bit of changes here and there, is that the case or is there more into it ? Is it something complicated if I've never done it before? Does it sound easy for someone who knows what he's doing ?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @mobsky,

If you are unfamiliar with apis and setting them up, it might be worth working with a developer to help. The developers forum is also a good sounding board for api issues. 

Thanks,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes