Sales Integrations

SNelson5
Participant

Integrating Hubspot, shopify, and mailchimp

SOLVE

Hey All,

I'm wanting to make sure I get this right the first time so I don't create more work undoing bad steps.  I am hoping someone can tell me if there is a proper orientation I should have my integrations happening. I currently have Hubspot and Shopify synced and that appears to be working well.  We also have Mailchimp that we've been using as a separate program, but want to take advantage of syncronicity between all three. I have concern that syncing Shopify to Mailchimp and Hubspot to Mailchimp might create a redundency issue. Can anyone offer some insight that might be helpful?  I just want all platforms to have the same contact information and feedbacks.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I don't know what your setup is like exactly ie. how exactly you've connected Hubspot and Shopify but as a general rule, it's risky to set up three parallel 2-way syncs up between three apps. It's very easy for "infinite loops" to start occurring, especially if you're using different data integration tools.

You may be better off deciding what's you master / system of record and then setting up a data connection with  the two other tools. If Hubspot is your system of record, then Hubspot's native integration with Mailchimp can sync basic data across. If you're looking to sync more fields then the data sync tool that @MiaSrebrnjak mentioned is a good option, as is the Hubspot-Mailchimp integration that Outfunnel (where I work) offers as part of our App connector. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
andrus
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

I don't know what your setup is like exactly ie. how exactly you've connected Hubspot and Shopify but as a general rule, it's risky to set up three parallel 2-way syncs up between three apps. It's very easy for "infinite loops" to start occurring, especially if you're using different data integration tools.

You may be better off deciding what's you master / system of record and then setting up a data connection with  the two other tools. If Hubspot is your system of record, then Hubspot's native integration with Mailchimp can sync basic data across. If you're looking to sync more fields then the data sync tool that @MiaSrebrnjak mentioned is a good option, as is the Hubspot-Mailchimp integration that Outfunnel (where I work) offers as part of our App connector. 

Andrus Purde | Outfunnel - The easiest way to connect sales and marketing tools
SNelson5
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @andrus!  This appears to be the advice I was looking for. I had a concern that "infitie loops" woud start happening and just don't want that headache. I need to do some testing of Hubspot's native marketing tools. I've only used Mailchimp so it's just what I'm familiar with.

Thank you so much for your help @andrus @MiaSrebrnjak!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SNelson5

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

It's great that you're syncing data from Shopify to HubSpot - I wanted to share this resource which gives a good overview of how you can utilize and analyze Shopify data in HubSpot. 

Regarding MailChimp - you could always consider using HubSpot's native email marketing tool, but if you prefer MailChimp for marketing campaigns, you can use our native integration that allows you to push contact data to MailChimp. This is a one-way integration, bu tit will also allow you to see Mailchimp email activity in HubSpot. If you need a deeper two-way integration, you can also consider our premium data sync integration.

I also wanted to ask a couple of other subject matter experts for advice: 

hi @andrus@Yanny@Phil_Vallender@Mike_Eastwood, do you maybe have any advice you cna share with @SNelson5? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings