Sales Integrations

Honorable
Colaborador

Integrated billing app recommendations

resolver

Hello!

I've looked at the app marketplace in detail, but I would like some user recommendations based on experience, please.

We are looking for an app that allows for some specific billing options that ties into Hubspot, and ideally (not required), Quickbooks.  If we have to subscribe to another service to do this, we would want some kind of trial period.

The goal of the app and integration is to make recurring, automatic payments easy for customers of a monthly SaaS subscription.  Bank and CC options important, but services like Paypal in addition to those are welcome, also.

Assume the Hubspot>QB integration isn't enough or viable for us.  Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

0 Me gusta
2 Soluciones aceptadas
HubDoPete
Solución
Guía | Partner nivel Gold

resolver

Hi @Honorable 

I am unsure of your use case, but DepositFix is an excellent HubSpot integration with rich features especially well suited to recurring subscription models. DepositFix uses Stripe or PayPal for all payments and is popular with Non-Profits and Online Course Creators. Stripe works best, as there are some limitations with PayPal https://help.depositfix.com/article/show/113746-paypal-payments

I am sure Denis would be happy to talk with you about what you want to achieve

https://www.linkedin.com/in/denislunev/

There is also another new integration coming which is not on the marketplace yet, to accept a single Stripe Payment on a HubSpot form. And recently Stripe added a new feature of a Payment Link which you can put anywhere

https://stripe.com/en-ca/payments/payment-links

Let me know if you want help to choose which is likely a better fit to use for a free trial. As we have good relationships with the vendors we can get you better terms (support, extended trial, better price etc)

cheers

Pete

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

LucasM
Solución
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

@Honorable

Thanks for the additional information! 

Based on what you are telling me I would get a trial of both Chargebee and DepositFix I think either one of those should do a good job solving your problem. DepositFix is a simpler interface and easy to manage but given the charge structure, you are talking about I think Chargebee may be a better long-term solution. They have more flexibility with payment processors and also more configurability in how it works. 

As for the cost that is charged by Stripe for their customer portal solution most all of the other platforms charge a fee of some kind to use. The stripe system is a flat percentage where tools like DepositFix and ChargeBee charge to use their platform and then have additional costs if you have so many transactions or so much money go through their system. 

Lucas Munisteri
CEO
Theia Marketing

(720) 642-7370
www.theiamarketing.com

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

10 Respuestas 10
LucasM
Solución

resolver

@Honorable

Thanks for the additional information! 

Based on what you are telling me I would get a trial of both Chargebee and DepositFix I think either one of those should do a good job solving your problem. DepositFix is a simpler interface and easy to manage but given the charge structure, you are talking about I think Chargebee may be a better long-term solution. They have more flexibility with payment processors and also more configurability in how it works. 

As for the cost that is charged by Stripe for their customer portal solution most all of the other platforms charge a fee of some kind to use. The stripe system is a flat percentage where tools like DepositFix and ChargeBee charge to use their platform and then have additional costs if you have so many transactions or so much money go through their system. 

Lucas Munisteri
CEO
Theia Marketing

(720) 642-7370
www.theiamarketing.com
Honorable
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks, @LucasM:

• All we really want is an easy way for clients to set up and us to process automatic monthly payments. It doesn't have to be feature-rich if it gets that done...
  • We also need whatever system this is to either automatically allow for, or make it easy to configure a way to charge one-time, up-front implementation costs, then a recurring monthly fee, with the same billing method (e.g. Credit Card, bank, etc) available for both types.
  • No logins, no management by the client.
  • The system does not need to notify them if they failed payment- but that would be nice to have.
  • This is a B2B service.
  • Stripe looked good especially because of the ability to pay from invoice right away on deal close- but we are concerned about their % per transaction, and how it looks like you can't do both one-time and recurring "invoicing" easily.

Thoughts?

THANK YOU!

0 Me gusta
LucasM

resolver

Hi @Honorable

We looked into numerous solutions in the HubSpot ecosystem and were unable to find a solution that fit our specific needs. We ultimately went with building a custom solution that fit our specific use case using the Stripe Customer Portal feature. 

We tried the following tools before settling on a custom solution. DepositFix, Chargebee, InstaPayments, QBO,  Xero, & FreshBooks. While many of these solutions were able to help solve some or part of our problem none of them solved the problem exactly how we liked. The biggest challenge is clearly defining the problem you are solving. If you have a clear definition of the functionality you are looking for I suggest that you share that with the group so that we can all help you better! 

The outstanding question that I would have for you are: 

1. Do you intend on the customer logging in to the tool? 
  2. If they are logging in what functionality is required once logged in?
    1. Are they going to be changing subscription level? 
    2. Do they need to be able to download past invoices? 
    3. Are they going to be adding or removing user licenses? 
  3. Does the system notify them if they have failed payment?
  4. Are you managing a B2B subscription or a B2C? 

The answers to these questions can help you in selecting the proper tool. 

When we answered these questions we determined that Chargebee was over featured for our use case and cost too much to have features we would not use. We also determined that DepositeFix & Instapayments were under featured for what we needed. The accounting plugins, QBO & Xero, did not offer subscription management.  

Lucas Munisteri
CEO
Theia Marketing

(720) 642-7370
www.theiamarketing.com
HubDoPete
Solución

resolver

Hi @Honorable 

I am unsure of your use case, but DepositFix is an excellent HubSpot integration with rich features especially well suited to recurring subscription models. DepositFix uses Stripe or PayPal for all payments and is popular with Non-Profits and Online Course Creators. Stripe works best, as there are some limitations with PayPal https://help.depositfix.com/article/show/113746-paypal-payments

I am sure Denis would be happy to talk with you about what you want to achieve

https://www.linkedin.com/in/denislunev/

There is also another new integration coming which is not on the marketplace yet, to accept a single Stripe Payment on a HubSpot form. And recently Stripe added a new feature of a Payment Link which you can put anywhere

https://stripe.com/en-ca/payments/payment-links

Let me know if you want help to choose which is likely a better fit to use for a free trial. As we have good relationships with the vendors we can get you better terms (support, extended trial, better price etc)

cheers

Pete

carwashorg
Participante

resolver

Hello, @HubDoPete. Now that Stripe Payment Links - and HubSpot Payments (in beta) - are you aware of any new integrations to make Stripe Customer Portals easy for HubSpot users? We use Stripe and HubSpot CMS, and wonder if there is an easy solution for the Customer Portal (needed for Stripe customers to update their credit card information). Thank you!

0 Me gusta
natsumimori
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Thank you so much for your input @HubDoPete !

0 Me gusta
Honorable
Colaborador

resolver

Thanks! I should have originally prefaced this with how we've done a bunch of research in the app marketplace but are looking for color commentary from users of the different options.  We're leaning toward the Stripe integration right now.  

0 Me gusta
natsumimori

resolver

Thank you @Honorable .

Hi @LucasM , I've seen you published Stripe related idea post and I'm wondering if you can share your experience with Stripe integration for @Honorable ?

0 Me gusta
webdew
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond
Guía | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Hi @Honorable ,

I can see many options for billing apps on the market place. You can check the one with high ratings or most installed. https://prnt.sc/1ea1aua

Before go for subscription, read all teh documents to understand whether it goes with your requirements or not. 

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

natsumimori

resolver

Thank you for your post @Honorable .

I looked up App Marketplace and found 34 billing related apps, for example...

Community posts around billing app

@darynsmith and @HubDoPete , if you have any recommendations please feel free to share:)