Sales Integrations

AHernandez08

Integrate QuickBooks and Hubspot

SOLVE

We want to integrate our HubSpot account with our QuickBooks Online account. We want to have all of the data centralized in HS, we'll be using the Payments tool, and we plan to sync the invoicing information from HS to QB using workflows. Which is the best practice to do this? Integrating QB from HS or HS from QB? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
bendonahower
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I don't think there is a best practice per say. A lot of it depends upon where your source of truth is for this kind of information and what your process looks like. If you are going to exclusively create quotes, payment links, and use HubSpot payments, your starting point would then be HubSpot and you would sync to Quickbooks. One the other hand, if you are going to use a native integration, create draft invoices in Quickbooks, and ultimately send, follow up on, track invoices in Quickbooks, you would start there. A lot of businesses, my agency included, live a little in the middle, and it can get complicated there.

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
ZCox7

SOLVE

I'm building out a tool that may be able to help you with this.

Check it out here and schedule a call if you want to discuss your specific needs!

0 Upvotes
JackCoopersmith
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

+1 to what @kvlschaefer mentioned! So we're thinking quite a bit about this integration nowadays and I do indeed expect to see some changes on this front, but for now I'd recommend using these workflow actions and create the following workflows with them:

1. Payment based workflow trigger status of "succeeded" > create paid invoice and create a QBO expense
  2. Payment based workflow trigger status of "refunded" > create refund receipt
bendonahower
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

I don't think there is a best practice per say. A lot of it depends upon where your source of truth is for this kind of information and what your process looks like. If you are going to exclusively create quotes, payment links, and use HubSpot payments, your starting point would then be HubSpot and you would sync to Quickbooks. One the other hand, if you are going to use a native integration, create draft invoices in Quickbooks, and ultimately send, follow up on, track invoices in Quickbooks, you would start there. A lot of businesses, my agency included, live a little in the middle, and it can get complicated there.

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AHernandez08,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

This is a great question 🙂

I wanted to share a few resources on the Quickbooks Integration and HubSpot Payments:

I would recommend integrating QB from HS to take advantage of the HubSpot/Quickbooks Online workflow actions for payments such as creating paid invoices and receipts in addition to other workflow actions like creating sales orders and invoices. 

I also wanted to invite our subject matter experts to see if they have advice.

Hi @JackCoopersmith@bendonahower@MrJustinGivens - Do you have any best practice advice for @AHernandez08 regarding Quickbooks and HubSpot payments?

Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !