Sales Integrations

cdinapoli
Participant

Inside BDR setting up meetings for Outside Rep

I have not been able to figure out how to create a "meeting" that an inside BDR can set up for an outside rep.  It seems that using the Meet button in a contact record only will set up a meeting between the user and the contact.  Would love some insight as to how to configure HS for this or a third-party integration that will solve the issue.

7 Replies 7
cdinapoli
Participant

Unfortunately, no - that did not work.  That might work if I wanted to send an email to a prospect and have them book a meeting w a sales rep, but if I'm on the phone with a prospect and want to book a meeting for a specific rep w that prospect it doesn't do the trick. 
I did find another place in the HS Community that has been pushing for this feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Schedule-a-meeting-for-another-hubspot-user-from-cont...

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

@JessicaH @cdinapoli @MBurgess   Have you tried adding multiple contacts to the meeting? This solution requires that your outside rep is either a user or a contact.

johnelmer_0-1610149496668.png

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
cdinapoli
Participant

John, I appreciate the input.  Maybe I didn't explain the situation fully - we are able to add our Outside Rep to the meeting (as they are users) but a) the Inside BDR is the meeting organizer (even though she will not attend) and is the only one able to modify the meeting.  Ideally, we'd like the Outside Rep to be able to modify w/o going back thru the BDR.  and b) we'd like to use a workflow to automatically send a customized meeting confirmation w our Outside Rep's contact info (email/mobile) in the signature box.  This doesn't seem to be possible when an Inside BDR is setting the meeting - the email has to come from the Inside BDR, it cant' be sent from the Outside Rep by the BDR, and therefore the BDR's contact info is in the signature box
Hope this clarifies the issues
Chris

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

@cdinapoli Ah, now I get it.  Just spitballing, have you tried to make it work using Round Robin availability?

johnelmer_0-1610225639712.png

I don't have anybody available to test it, but try creating a Round Robin meeting link for the BDR to use that only includes the one outside rep. Check "only show availability for the contact owner" in the configuration.  The unknown is whether the rep will be able to edit the meeting in their calendar. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
cdinapoli
Participant

Will try and let you know

0 Upvotes
MBurgess
Participant

Hey...following...standing by for solution from Hubspot tech team.

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @cdinapoli,

Thanks for reaching out.
I want to tag in some subject matter experts to see if they have any suggestions.
Hi @willsmith @johnelmer @BethanyH, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Jess  

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes