Sales Integrations

annis
Participant

Importing sent emails tracked by Salesforce to HubSpot

Hi all,

I'm now setting up HubSpot CRM and I'm totally stuck. I've already set up the integration between Salesforce and HubSpot and it seems to be working fine except one thing. It doesn't sync emails sent to a contact or emails that are a part of an opportunity in Salesforce.

Based on how I understood it, the integration doesn't sync those emails at all and the only way to do it is to export all those sent emails from Salesfoce and import them as notes to HubSpot. This is where I'm stuck because I'm not sure how to match those emails to contacts and deals. I obviously don't have the HubSpot contact ID in the export file because I've exported the data from Salesforce but then how do I match them. So the question is: how did you overcome this issue and manage to upload all those emails from Salesforce to HubSpot? 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

Hi @annis, Hubspot uses two Unique Identifiers that can be used to associate while importing. The easiest would probably be the native HubSpot property: Contact ID. I would create a custom property in SF called "Contact ID" and sync it with the Contact ID property in HubSpot. This way, you can export your report in SF with the HubSpot ID. 

You could also ensure email addresses match for contacts and use this as a unique identifier.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @annis, happy Friday!

I wanted to add a few top experts to this matter, @StefaniUAT @Aakar @lynton any recommendations to @annis matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes