Sales Integrations

ENash
Participant

If I remove inclusion list for Salesforce sync, will all contacts be updated?

SOLVE

Hello Community,

We have recently merged one Hubspot CRM database with one Salesforce CRM database with the help of an external agency.

The data import to Salesforce has gone relatively well, but I have hit a bit of a wall when it comes to the Hubspot Connector sync.

We're still going to use Hubspot for all our Marketing activities (email, LPs, forms, etc.) and I originally set up an inclusion list for any new inbound leads that came in after the initial data migration.

I can see that the numbers are matching in terms of new contacts created in HS and new leads created in SFDC, which is great, but now there's a snag.

Because of the inclusion list, we are not syncing updates on existing contacts with SFDC as they are not part of the inclusion list.

What I need an answer to is, if I remove the inclusion list, will the existing contacts begin to sync with SFDC?

I uploaded the SFDC Contact IDs back to HS after the initial import so I believe this unique identifier, along with the email address, should be enough for the sync to occur?

I hope that there is a simple answer to this 🤞

Thank you,

Emily.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ENash 

The integration will dedupe against existing leads and contacts using email address as the unique identifier. So, if a HubSpot contact already exists as a contact in Salesforce, it should be updated rather than a new lead created. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ENash 

If you remove the inclusion list, any contacts in HubSpot can sync to Salesforce (when triggered) and will be kept in sync with their record in Salesforce - this may be what you want?

If not, you need to find a way to tell HubSpot which contacts in the database that do not qualify for the inclusion list are in Salesforce already and need to be synced regardless. The approach I usually take to achieving something like this is adding rules to the inclusion list that enrol contacts whose original source is salesforce or who's last salesforce sync time is known. This works when contacts have been imported into HubSpot from Salesforce but you might need a slightly different solution in your case. 

Hope this helps?

ENash
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Phil_Vallender ,

Thanks for your input and suggestions.

One more question, right now we're syncing new Hubspot Contacts to Salesforce Leads.

If I remove the inclusion list and sync the full Hubspot database, will all new Leads be created even though we already migrated the database over the weekend as Salesforce Contacts?

This is the part I'm confused about, as we'd like to continue syncing Marketing data/activities to Salesforce Contacts to keep the Sales and Customer Success teams in the loop. Whilst new inbound Contacts should sync to Salesforce as Leads.

Any suggestions here? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @ENash 

The integration will dedupe against existing leads and contacts using email address as the unique identifier. So, if a HubSpot contact already exists as a contact in Salesforce, it should be updated rather than a new lead created. 

Hope this helps.