Sales Integrations

samstag

IMAP email integration not working as expected

SOLVE

I was finally happy to see that I can connect an IMAP account to send and receive emails. As a matter of fact, when adding the integration HubSpot asks for permission that sent emails and received emails are seen by the integration, including subject lines and body content.

So since we are connected, we have still not seen anything being logged in.

Am I missing something, or do I still need to use BCC? If so, why does HubSpot ask for the incoming mail server if it doesn't pick up the emails?

Please some advice

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @samstag,

Did you connect your inbox using the instructions here? If you are referring to connecting your inbox so that you can send emails and have them tracked and logged within HubSpot, then you will need the bcc address to be present when sending emails from your inbox. 

The IMAP integration will allow you to send emails from within the CRM (and have them tracked and logged) and have them sent from your email address and servers. In order for the emails to be associated with HubSpot, however, they will need to include the bcc address. While this is automatically associated with emails sent through HubSpot, it will need to be manually added to emails sent from your inbox. 

Thanks,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @samstag,

Did you connect your inbox using the instructions here? If you are referring to connecting your inbox so that you can send emails and have them tracked and logged within HubSpot, then you will need the bcc address to be present when sending emails from your inbox. 

The IMAP integration will allow you to send emails from within the CRM (and have them tracked and logged) and have them sent from your email address and servers. In order for the emails to be associated with HubSpot, however, they will need to include the bcc address. While this is automatically associated with emails sent through HubSpot, it will need to be manually added to emails sent from your inbox. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
samstag

SOLVE

thank you for letting me know. where do I find the BCC?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @samstag,

You can follow the instructions for this article for how to locate those settings. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes